What would you like to be added to the pathpilot software - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What would you like to be added to the pathpilot software

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What would you like to be added to the pathpilot software

Quote Originally Posted by RussMachine View Post
    I upgraded my 770 from MACH3 to PATHPILOT about a month ago.
    I finally got around to playing with it yesterday, for a full day.
    Here's a couple of things that bugged me:
    1. When checking a new program, and scrolling thru the lines, PathPilot doesn't "plot" the moves on the display. MACH would display every move, line by line. I used to watch the moves, to know my program was going where it was supposed to go.
    2. The on-screen editor needs some tweaking. I edited a program, renamed the file, saved it, but when I closed the editor, it vanished! It wasn't in my catalog anywhere. I was pissed!! I don't know if I did something wrong, or what. But in MACH, an edited program would automatically be loaded after editing.
    3. Where can I speed up the G00 Rapid move? Parameters somewhere?
    Just a few minor gripes.
    Overall, I think PathPilot is great software. From what I hear, it doesn't have the famous Glitches that MACH has. Yay!!
    It does take some getting used to, the saving grace is it doesnt screw up period! It is getting better but there are still some rough edges and it does take a bit of getting used to as its definitely not windows, so things are done a bit differently.

When I edit a file that is loaded into the machine, it will ask to save it, then it also reloads the edited file into the machine, I use the latest update 1.9.8, I havent had the problem you are describing.

It also has a provision for backlash that I really like ( requires editing the .ini file), It comes in handy when probing a part that is critical, not that I make rocket parts but some parts require flipping 180 degrees and any discrepancy from center can show in the finished part.

Overall I really like Pathpilot, one of the best things they have done in my opinion.

I also like the 3 knob controller sold by Adaptedcnc, that controls spindle speeds, feedrate, max velocity, this lets me ease into a new part in case something isnt quite right it can be stopped before destroying a part or cutter! This just replaces the slider functions on the screen but are much easier to use.

One problem I have had with it was cutting contours, the cutter would hesitate during a contour cut then continue, this leaves a mark in the finish. It turns out that this can be corrected by a setting in the cam software to use arcs instead of straight segments to cut contours, Maybe it was there in Mach 3 but I never noticed it.

mike sr

One other thing that I just noticed,
    You can't enter a Step amount when you're in Jog- Step mode.
    That's annoying.
    In MACH, you could enter any distance (.437, .050, or .375 ... whatever) in Step, and it would jog that distance.
    I don't like only having .0001, .001, .010, & .100 as options.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    I also like the 3 knob controller sold by Adaptedcnc, that controls spindle speeds, feedrate, max velocity, this lets me ease into a new part in case something isnt quite right it can be stopped before destroying a part or cutter! This just replaces the slider functions on the screen but are much easier to use.
    Store URL + price?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    Store URL + price?

in the ballpark of 125 dollars, Dont rermember exactly what it cost..

call Pete on the phone, is the best way, he is making up a new website for the items, I dont think its operational yet..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What would you like to be added to the pathpilot software-adapted-cnc-png  
    Last edited by popspipes; 04-06-2017 at 09:06 PM.
    mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mike, I apologize for any confusion, but I've had some changes and my new email pete@moonlightprototype.com or shoot me a message. Same dude different name.

I am excited for kstrauss to check it out.

Thanks,
    Pete

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234