Problem Bevel problem

Thread: Bevel problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bevel problem

I have a 5' x 10' Torchmate water table with a Powermax 125 plasma cutter and mainly work with material from 12ga up to 1in thick. My problem I am having is when I am cutting 3/4in holes in 1/2 in plate i have a significant bevel at the bottom of the hole. I have changed all of my consumables and have tried changing cut speeds, cut height, and voltage but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I was hoping someone would have some advice for me. Thank you.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Bevel problem

I was searching for Torchmate info and happened across your post. With PM85 I get best 3/4" holes in 1/2" MS at 65A, 12 to 16 in/min., and 135V/0.06". It works best for me to turn THC off for small holes, begin pierce a little high (0.2" for 1/2") in thicker materials, and then rapid down as fast as possible to cut height for lead after the pierce delay.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bevel problem

If you contact me directly I will send you a .pdf presentation called "Best Practices for plasma hole quality". It will give you the best recommendations on how to manipulate lead ins, lead outs, cut height and cut speed, as well as suggestions on choosing the best power level. Holes with an air plasma will always have a taper, however using the right techniques you can minimize it. Jim Colt Hypertherm jim.colt@hypertherm.com

Quote Originally Posted by RRolfson View Post
    I have a 5' x 10' Torchmate water table with a Powermax 125 plasma cutter and mainly work with material from 12ga up to 1in thick. My problem I am having is when I am cutting 3/4in holes in 1/2 in plate i have a significant bevel at the bottom of the hole. I have changed all of my consumables and have tried changing cut speeds, cut height, and voltage but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I was hoping someone would have some advice for me. Thank you.