Need Help! Need to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2

Thread: Need to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2

Good Morning,

I am looking for a replacement Stepper Driver Board (OD-8A-M) for my TM2. Torchmate is back-ordered till the end of the month and need to get my machine back up. Have looked for a direct replacement and have come up with nothing. Anybody know of a cross reference for this part? I've attached pictures of the bad board. Any help would be appreciated.

David DeMattia
    Sleeping Dragon Studios, LLC.
    david@sleepingdragonstudios.com

Need to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2-stepperfront-jpgNeed to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2-stepperside-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2-20141202_083453-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dndemattia View Post
    Good Morning,

I am looking for a replacement Stepper Driver Board (OD-8A-M) for my TM2. Torchmate is back-ordered till the end of the month and need to get my machine back up. Have looked for a direct replacement and have come up with nothing. Anybody know of a cross reference for this part? I've attached pictures of the bad board. Any help would be appreciated.

David DeMattia
    david@sleepingdragonstudios.com

Need to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2-stepperfront-jpgNeed to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2-stepperside-jpg
    I believe it's a flash cut CNC driver. Could also be Applied motion.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2

Thanks! I found last year that Flashcut will not talk to Torchmate customers. I did find something at Applied Motion that might work. It's an STR-8 driver. It looks almost identical to my current one. Will update the group when I get it in to see if and how it works. Thanks again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All,

Just wanted to update you on my results for finding a replacement stepper driver board cross reference. I found that the Applied Motion STR-8 works the same as the TM part and is slightly less in price. The Applied Motion part came in today and after setting the DIP & Rotary switches, I just plugged in the new board. All the connectors are the same, no rewiring. After powering up my TM, I did some manual tests then cut one of my more complex designs. Worked great. So, if you are looking for a second source for the TM2 stepper driver board that I needed (based on my results and current board design) it works fine. David

David N. DeMattia
    Sleeping Dragon Studios
    “Like” us on Facebook!
    651-307-9288

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2-20141208_153729-jpg   Need to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2-20141208_153832-jpg   Need to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2-20141208_153902-jpg   Need to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2-20141208_154036-jpg  

Need to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2-20141208_154752-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a closeup of the switch settings. Rotary Switch=B. DIP = 7 & 8 Off.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need to find replacement Stepper driver board for TM2-20150123_124410-1-jpg