Newbie Inverted parts

Thread: Inverted parts

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Inverted parts

Hey guys, I've got a Torchmate 4x4 at work i'm fairly new to. All my parts look excellent when designed but when they cut, they are inverted. All the dross ends up on the side I need to have a quality cut on. Anyone else experience this or know what I might have set up wrong? Sorry if this has been covered already but I couldn't find anything on it. Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Inverted parts

What do you mean "inverted"? Is it cutting out the parts mirrored from what the software shows?
    Did you draw them with Torchmate CAD?
    Are you using the correct tool path? (ie. male for shapes & female for holes)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds similar to a problem I am having on my CNC build. I am running an engraved sign for testing and it suddenly is carving a mirror image of the design. I have Mach 3 sw and have had issues with the y and z axis stepper motors stalling. While troubleshooting that problem, I had made changes to the Mach 3 configuration motor tuning settings. I finally found my stalling problem was with some bad solder connections on my driver controller pcb. However even though it was carving correctly originally it is now reversed as amirror image. Anyone know if there is a setting in the Mach 3 sw that I may have changed inadvertently?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am running a Torchmate at work, it doesn't matter if i design with Torchmate or an external program its always mirrored, The only way i know to fix it so far is to design the part and then flip in before creating a cut path. Outside or inside cut path won't matter because that is based on with side of the part i am cutting ( inside or out). Now as for MAch3 i have that program i am running at home on my custom table and i like that a lot better, however a friend of mine is running Mach also and his is inverted on that machine, we haven't been able to figure his out either but i'm guessing there is a relation between Mach3 and Tochmate with the inverted images. Just need to find someone who has figured it out. Until then I'll keep working on it and if i figure it out ill be sure to let you guys know, thanks for the responses.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well I kind of got my problem resolved. I did some poking around in Mach 3 and under config/homing limits there is a column for each axis marked reverse. I unchecked the offending axis and then tested again . All looks good now. This is just a workaround until I finish my cnc build. At least it lets me test it. I have a backup hard drive with the Mach 3 software on it before I messed with it. When I get a chance I'm gonna swap hard drives and see if the problem goes away. If so It's the Mach 3 sw and something I did to it. Will post the results.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by usweldpro View Post
    I am running a Torchmate at work, it doesn't matter if i design with Torchmate or an external program its always mirrored.
    I think I have a solution to this for the Torchmate. I realize this was a while back and things may be already taken care of...

I seem to remember having this issue and I think I fixed it by changing the X axis motor direction... (Configuration/System/Motor Signals)

Inverted parts-inverted_zpse7dcf577-jpg

I would test this to know for sure that changing the motor signals would fix it, but the main reason I'm surfing around here today is because my table isn't working... So I can't test my theory...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Re: Inverted parts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeonlyep View Post
    I think I have a solution to this for the Torchmate. I realize this was a while back and things may be already taken care of...

I seem to remember having this issue and I think I fixed it by changing the X axis motor direction... (Configuration/System/Motor Signals)

Inverted parts-inverted_zpse7dcf577-jpg

I would test this to know for sure that changing the motor signals would fix it, but the main reason I'm surfing around here today is because my table isn't working... So I can't test my theory...
    Wow, I'm poking around on here for a different problem we have now, and seen this. Never figured it out so i went and tried it and it fixed the inverted issue. Thanks for the help! Much appreciated