Torchmate Basic Software capabilities

Thread: Torchmate Basic Software capabilities

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Torchmate Basic Software capabilities

I'm considering buying a 85% built Torchmate 1. The current owner seemed to do a real nice job with the framework and everything he's completed on it, so I have a decent feeling about the build so far - though it's a bit light weight for the heavier work I plan to do on it (I do a lot of 3/8 and 1/2" plate, it looks like he was gearing up to do sheet metal) Both axes run back and forth nicely without binding.

My first question is: Are there any pitfalls I need to look out for with this sort of purchase

Second is, how capable is the driver software? I have SolidWorks, and AutoCAD for drawing up the shapes I need, and as I read the description on Torchmate's site, it looks like the software can import these DXF's and cook up the required G Code, is that a correct assumption? What other software would I need to operate the machine?

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieKnobbie View Post
    I'm considering buying a 85% built Torchmate 1. The current owner seemed to do a real nice job with the framework and everything he's completed on it, so I have a decent feeling about the build so far - though it's a bit light weight for the heavier work I plan to do on it (I do a lot of 3/8 and 1/2" plate, it looks like he was gearing up to do sheet metal) Both axes run back and forth nicely without binding.

My first question is: Are there any pitfalls I need to look out for with this sort of purchase

Second is, how capable is the driver software? I have SolidWorks, and AutoCAD for drawing up the shapes I need, and as I read the description on Torchmate's site, it looks like the software can import these DXF's and cook up the required G Code, is that a correct assumption? What other software would I need to operate the machine?

Thanks!
    I'll bite.

I guess it's your call on if the framework will support what you want to put on it.

Pitfalls? I'm not sure if you're thinking about the investment required, space required in the shop, or some other angle.

I've run Torchmate's software for a number of years. Yes the driver software does a nice job of producing G code from imported DXF files drawn from other CAD programs. You will want to import the DXF into Torchmate's CAD to create an offset cutting path with a leadin. One feature that Torchmate's CAD has is the ability for the operator to call the cutting sequence of the parts.

CNC: Torchmate 3 Program and run since 2008.
    CAD: I know SolidWorks, Pro-E, AutoCad, SignLab.