How do you find work for these machines?

Thread: How do you find work for these machines?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How do you find work for these machines?

Downloads
    Uploads

I see a lot of craigslist ads, and flyers on peg boards at farm stores.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Get a web site and business cards.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, though I am very new to this portion of the industry, automotive CNC/plasma production, I am not new to finding work. I would imagine that finding work to utilize this tool would be a similar process to making use of other tools designed for professional use; create quality work as a demonstration of your abilities with the tool and to be an example of your finished work (varying stages based on type of finishing work that follows cutting) that you can present to potential clients. From there, depending on how you design your business model or it evolves, basically get the word out to anyone that you believe can make use of your services/products.

It really depends on several things, some of which are the answers to questions such as:

1) In what capacity do I want to operate? Private contractor (small), hobbyist, private contractor (large), part of an existing business?
    2) What is the viability of -my- machine and the production rate according to the desired scope of work?
    3) What do I want out of this; the machine, the work it brings, and so on?

At the core, this is a difficult question to answer in a manner that nets immediate results similar to a comparable example; most situations are different, but so long as you can adapt to the situation, provide a quality service/product, there will always be work available... the same can be said for any skilled trade, of which the operation of this equipment is/should considered.

So that is that for my first post, hope it helped ^.^