New Machine Build TM1 BUILD AND CUTTING

Thread: TM1 BUILD AND CUTTING

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TM1 BUILD AND CUTTING

Just fine fished a TM1 Build and I am satisfied witht the end product. I have been practicing cutting 14 ga. and was curious to see what other people are running their settings at. I have been running 40 amps and 70 inches/minute, that is where I get the most consistant cuts. I have been holding an 1/8" arc length in manual mode (there is something out of wack on my torch height control it will cut fine and then extend arc to 1"+, but that is another story.) My big question is am I running the IPM to slow? I have read where guys are running 140 IPM +, and I dont know why I cant cut any faster. I have tried increasing the amps to 60 but then there is to much heat input and I cant get a quality cut on small detailed items. At 70 i get a little dross build up on the back but its not terrible. Should the cut be completely free of any dross? I am new to the plasma cutting world, but I know that I am going to have a lot of fun working this machine. The plasma cutter I purchased is a Tomohawk 1000. It has been working well so far. Any advice on the cuts would be great. Ill upload some pictures of the table. I built using 2 1/2" square tube with 1/4" wall, the table is solid! Thanks