MSC was on time as usual. The Norton wheels look a lot better new than the imports did, the mounting holea are actually round and has crisp edges.
Earlier this week I turned a prototype spacer/flange out of aluminum. The space slides onto the shaft, and then an internal shoulder butts up against the shaft shoulder. I have to wait until Monday to make the actual pieces (need to pick up some 2.5Ē aluminum bar).
Took me a little longer than expected, but both the adapters are done. I havenít hit the wheels with a diamond tool yet, but they seem well balanced from the factory. The next step is to make a new tool rest, I really like the one pictured on this Japanese website.
I managed to finish up the supporting structure of my rests yesterday. The arms are made of ľĒ thick aluminum bar that I cut to size on the table saw using a Freud Diablo blade, and a jig I made out of MDF. The cross bars are round stock that I turned down to 3/8Ē. Everything is held together with 10-32 socket head cap screws.