Techno and G/M Code Support

Thread: Techno and G/M Code Support

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Techno and G/M Code Support

I have had opportunities in the past, to try and use files that have had G-Code commands that apparently Techno doesn't support. A G-31 Command for instance.

Anyone know why Techno supports so few commands.. . or how to get around these limitations? I worked for several hours with a programmer last weekend, and we could not get a hand-coded file with non-supported G/M Codes to load or run correctly.

I have talked previously about converting away from Techno's proprietary control software and it looks more and more likely to happen each time I have to turn down work that has non-supported codes. MACH3 and Linux CNC do not have these limitations.

Case in point: I have a 500 part order that uses vacuum pucks on my bed. I want to run G54 codes, chained to go from one puck to the next. Cut the parts, unload the parts, load new material, and rinse and repeat. Techno will not let you even use their Off-Set feature to run more than one "offset" (puck location) at a time. Totally counter productive.

Frustrating is putting it mildly.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Techno and G/M Code Support

Dave,

You can swap offsets (and a lot more) with SAC functionality. I know it isn't exactly what you asked, but you can accomplish what you are looking to do with it.

Here's a link to the manual
    SAC - TechnoDocs

and some examples (including shifting offsets)

SAC Examples - TechnoDocs

Eric

Eric Feldman - Design Engineer, Programmer
    Armor CNC - http://www.armorcnc.com Support hours: 7am thru 10pm EST, 7 days a week

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Eric,

Maybe after things calm down and I have time to teach myself VB, I will take a closer look at SAC.

Downloads
    Uploads

You don't need to know VB to use SAC, just follow the examples - what you're looking to do is very simple, no real code is needed.

Eric

Eric Feldman - Design Engineer, Programmer
    Armor CNC - http://www.armorcnc.com Support hours: 7am thru 10pm EST, 7 days a week