ISEL CPM 4030 what soft to use ??

Thread: ISEL CPM 4030 what soft to use ??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ISEL CPM 4030 what soft to use ??

Hi,

I'm Philippe, 45 years, System Engineer and I want to experiment a little with a CNC Milling machine.

I buy a second hand Isel CPM 4030 CNC but there are no drivers or software included (it was also very cheap, 300€).

Because I'm completely new on CNC world I like to ask witch (free) software can I use to connect the PC with the CNC? And how it works (Tips and tricks) .

Is this the right way of working:
    1) design something into a CAD-CAM software like Fusion 360
    2) save it into G-code
    3) Open the G-code file into the soft to send the commands to the CNC

Step 3 is not so clear what software that I can use to do this.

On the site of Isel a saw they sell some Remote software, but not sure I need this, it's also 312€, a quit expensive for trying.

Thanks in advance for all information.

Regards,
    Philippe

(Not sure this is the right place for this topic)

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_007 View Post
    Hi,

I'm Philippe, 45 years, System Engineer and I want to experiment a little with a CNC Milling machine.

I buy a second hand Isel CPM 4030 CNC but there are no drivers or software included (it was also very cheap, 300€).

Because I'm completely new on CNC world I like to ask witch (free) software can I use to connect the PC with the CNC? And how it works (Tips and tricks) .

Is this the right way of working:
    1) design something into a CAD-CAM software like Fusion 360
    2) save it into G-code
    3) Open the G-code file into the soft to send the commands to the CNC

Step 3 is not so clear what software that I can use to do this.

On the site of Isel a saw they sell some Remote software, but not sure I need this, it's also 312€, a quit expensive for trying.

Thanks in advance for all information.

Regards,
    Philippe

(Not sure this is the right place for this topic)
    Ok Philippe,give me a moment and I'll get you the files you need.

Step 3 works like this. You take your gcode that you just posted and you run it in the G-code program I will send to you. It essentially controlls the motion of the machine. You can do a number of things with it, namely:

1) preview a file before you cut. This is important and you want to check your depth of cut by viewing the footpath from the side and front angles.
    2) set up and configure your machine for important stuff like acceleration rate, units, feed rate, and a multitude of configuration parameters that will define the cuts you make.
    3) run the code which is in the form of an ncd file.

But before you get to cutting it's important that you have everything on the machine nice and clean and lubed. Don't worry about mounting the z axis just yet. You need to do a wire check first and make sure everything functions properly. Then if you have motion control, square up the z before you put it on with a dial indicator. Then you'll have to install the z on the gantry and square it up again. Finally you'll have to install the spindle and square that up for good measure.

But since you are looking for free programs and such I highly recommend Scorchworks. F-engrave, Gcode ripper, and Dmap2gcode. But you will also need a free program for your cad. There's plenty of options out there but I would suggest a simple 2d cad program for drawing lines, arcs, spline, and primitive shapes like rectangles, ovals, and nourishment shapes. If you use the free stuff from Scorchworks, it's important that your cad software is compatible with dxf files.

That should give you plenty to do while I get that file for you.

Now there's some information I need from you to be shire this will work.
    1) Are the motors servo or stepper?
    2) Is the amplifier box that drives the motors connected to a card in the computer fitted to an IS A SLOT or a PCI slot?

What software you use to control machine motion depends critically on these two factors.

I hope I can help.
    Alex

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ISEL CPM 4030 what soft to use ??

Isel machines don't work on G codes directly. It has it's own language actually not very like to any cnc language more like robotic.
    The controller is also not very tipical, but i like it a lot. It's serial interface with integrated stepper drivers (4 axes) and some io's.
    Comunication itself is simply rs232 protocol using only rx and tx wires so itcan be driven by any rs232 interface (telnet or any terminal controller), but You would need to know the commands to send. Controller has it's own memory, so U can send program and realise it offline (by key).

In my work we use independent galaad software that includes design, cam and control soft, and it enables to use Gcodes. U can download demos and probably it would help at least to find out specific commands. It probably will comunicate with controller, but it's not allowed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Re: ISEL CPM 4030 what soft to use ??

Alzo, das ist eine vanzin!
    Viso can ich dise file nicht entlich geben?
    Das macht Mich ganse ferukt!
    Yetzt vil ich shimfen vie mine fater!

Chuus

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AMG Guitars; 08-04-2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Vie fiele mal mus ich yetzt 'log on' nochamal?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the information,
    At the moment I'm working with Kay for the CNC machine and use Fusion 360 for drawing.

But I try your files. thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fusion 360 has a post processor for Isel. No idea how well it works, but the one for my TinyG is awesome.

https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The post processor for Isel is working fine, still now I didn't find any trouble.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_007 View Post
    The post processor for Isel is working fine, still now I didn't find any trouble.
    hello but the kay you have free or you are with the demo that are also $ 300 I was looking for the way to send the .ncp file with the cimco program but not the initialization of the header that is missing the isel me you could indicate ?

Thank you