Need a file. . .

Thread: Need a file. . .

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need a file. . .

I am working with a software entity, on developing an easy to use 4th rotary axis CAM package that will work with my Techno Isel Post Processor (affordable and will benefit all Techno users with true 4th axis capability). I am not a fan of the "wrapper" concept of rotary axis, so this project will be a true, independent 4th rotary "A" axis in the Techno user interface.

What I need to supply, is a sample rotary file with the Techno PP. I do not have the capability to create that file myself, so I am asking if anyone can send me a sample 4th axis rotary file with a Techno Isel PP? No "wrapped" file or Mach3. . . has to be a legit Techno PP rotary axis.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need a file. . .

No one here using a 4th axis with the Techno Control Software. . . who can supply a simple 4th axis file?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can help with this. Send me a PM with your email address.

While we are at it, I've been beating my brains out trying to come up with a way to improve the Techno touch probe utility. There is vast room for improvement here.

fcc

Last edited by fcarpcarp; 04-19-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dave,

How did this project work out?

Frank Carpenter

Downloads
    Uploads

I could supply you with a 4th axis file but hey, why not just make your own? Gcode Ripper by Scorch Works is totally free! Give it a try. You won't be disappointed. Use F-Engrave to cut your DXF and Gcode Ripper to wrap it around a cylinder. All this for free with 0% bull.

Downloads
    Uploads

I already have a 4th axis CAM package (madCAM).

What I was looking for was a TECHNO PPF that I could send to another company who has a unique and affordable program that would seriously increase the capabilities of a Techno with 4 axis.

I got a sample from fcarpcarp and forwarded it to the company. They have yet to reply and I have reached out several times. I am about to give up on them. Apparently they want to maintain a proprietary relationship with their hardware/software not unlike what Techno has done with theirs.

Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure exactly what you want but here's a Techno post processor file. The extension is (*.pst)
    I've also included two files. Both are posted with it. One rolldie8 is a stock example file that came with Mastercam. The other thelix is a file I made just using the stock parameters of the thelix c-hook. Funny thing is I had to convert the parametric spline to a nurbs spline for it to backplot properly. I don't know what's up with that, but it may explain why all the jumpiness going on with the z. This ain't gonna cut no threads like this. Something needs to get smoothed out first. But it's just a quick and dirty. Hope it's what you need though.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello AMG, there was a file attached to this, but it wont let me see it or download it now that CNC zone has moved stuff to the new site. Can you repost it?