Help mounting motor on Techno DaVinci

Thread: Help mounting motor on Techno DaVinci

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help mounting motor on Techno DaVinci

I am trying to help a high school teacher get his DaVinci up and running. Apparently it is a few years old, but has never been run. He needed to move it from one room to another after he first got it, but it was too large to fit through the door. He took one of the motors off to get it to fit, but in doing so broke part of it. He has since sent that part back and had it repaired, but now doesn't know how to remount the motor. He said he reached out to Techno, who said they no longer support this machine. He did get someone to give him a quote to come repair it, but the quote was $2500 for an afternoon. Looking at the pictures he sent me, it doesn't look very complicated, but I've never worked with this machine before so I don't know how to guide him through it. Maybe someone else with this same machine can just take a picture of what theirs looks like? Any help would be appreciated!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help mounting motor on Techno DaVinci-img_0909-jpg   Help mounting motor on Techno DaVinci-img_0910-jpg   Help mounting motor on Techno DaVinci-img_0948-jpg   Help mounting motor on Techno DaVinci-img_0947-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help mounting motor on Techno DaVinci

The motor mounts to a stand-off/adapter (square block item) and the stand-off/adaptor mounts to the plate on the side of the machine.
    The motor has a coupler on the shaft that also interlocks to it complementary part on the machine side.

I cannot see the details of how the machine-side coupler part drives the axis shaft/screw.
    The stand-off looks like the NEMA type on THIS page.

I found THIS link on their site. Download the manual and several pages into it you will find a diagram showing the mounting of the motor and associated parts.

Help mounting motor on Techno DaVinci-assy_view-png

Good Luck! That looks like a great machine for a school program.

-=Doug

Last edited by vtxstar; 03-17-2017 at 09:56 AM. Reason: New Information!
    "IT ≠ IQ " Starwalt 1999

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much Doug! This is very helpful. I will pass this along to the teacher!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Alex,

check out the Z axis on that machine - the Y axis mount is identical to it.

One thing to watch for - if the machine complains it's at the end of travel when you start up and/or it won't home properly, flip the small black connector that plugs into the coupling box's circuit board around 180 degrees. Nothing bad happens if it's backwards - it just won't see the home switch.

Eric

Eric Feldman - Design Engineer, Programmer
    Armor CNC - http://www.armorcnc.com Support hours: 7am thru 10pm EST, 7 days a week