Titan controller upgrade

Thread: Titan controller upgrade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Titan controller upgrade

Has anybody purchased the Titan controller upgrade from Techno? It sounds like a good idea, but I haven't been able to read any reviews of any kind.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Titan controller upgrade

Jim,

I think one of the first questions to ask is what you're looking for in a controller upgrade.

If you're looking to get your Techno CNC router running with a brand new PC so you can take advantage of cutting while connected to the internet to transfer files and improve workflow, that's a nice improvement over the way things used to be. The tricky part of this is you might have trouble finding a new PC with the proper PCI slot to run the CNC interface card. You might want to consider our PCI Express upgrade kit, which is an add-on to your existing equipment (No equipment is removed or replaced).

Rather than gutting the electronics and changing the software, this kit allows you to keep your system running the same equipment and software - but on a brand new PC, running any modern version of Windows (XP, 7, 8, and 10). You can take advantage of newer software packages that require Windows 7 or higher, you can run your machine while connected to the internet (mouse and keyboard won't freeze), and take advantage of all of the other improvements made to computers since your current one.

Our upgrade kit costs $325.

Lastly, using this kit means any issues you have continue to be supported by us, 7 days a week.

If you have any questions about the pros and cons (features, parts, cost, installation process) of the various options for upgrading your system, please drop us a line and we'll do our best to help. info@armorcnc.com - we can also put you in touch with other customers who have installed our upgrade if you'd like objective reviews of it.

Regards,
    Eric

Eric Feldman - Design Engineer, Programmer
    Armor CNC - http://www.armorcnc.com Support hours: 7am thru 10pm EST, 7 days a week

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Eric,

How did your driver project work out?

Also, I went to your site and was browsing around (interested in the PCI Upgrade) but none of the products have a link to purchase or any price info, except the PCI Upgrade. Is that by design?

Hope business is booming for you guys!

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Dave,

Which driver project are you asking about?

Our website doesn't have a shopping cart, as the majority of our sales involve troubleshooting / identifying parts / etc - if people just bought parts they thought they needed... We'd be doing a ton of returns/subsequent shipping/etc. The value in coming to us for help with your Techno CNC machine is that we'll use our expertise with these machines to solve the issue right away, which isn't something you can do via a shopping cart on a website.

Let me know if you have any questions about anything else.
    Regards,
    Eric

Armor CNC - http://www.armorcnc.com Support hours: 7am thru 10pm EST, 7 days a week

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Eric,

I apologize. It wasn't a driver. . . it was a Mach4 Plug-in for existing Techno hardware. Just curious if you had made any progress or shelved the idea.

As for selling on your site, I was mainly interested in consumables, like the gasket material and vacuum hole plugs; things that don't really require technical assistance. I have been looking for a source for both.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mach 3/4 plugin: We're still thinking about it, but aren't sure it makes business sense for us at this point (development cost & support cost / customers interested*sell price) probably doesn't work in our favor. We spoke to the folks at Mach, who were interested in discussing further with us, but haven't gone anywhere since then.

As far as those kinds of parts, you're probably right - we'll discuss here and see what we come up with for a list of parts that would be reasonable to sell in that fashion.

Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

Too bad about the Mach deal.

I know I can convert 100% away from Techno and go all in with Mach4 or Linux CNC, or even keep the Techno box and control software on the sidelines for future restoration, and set up a separate Mach or Linux Box and do away with a number of issues inherent to proprietary control software.

But change can be tough, even when it's in your best interest! Maybe by this summer, I will go all in and not look back! I have a good friend who travels up this way frequently, and has offered to work through the conversion with me. That's the biggest challenge right there. . .getting it done while minimizing the downtime during the busy season.

Good luck with wrestling through your decision process. If you can deliver a plug-in interface for Mach4 that will play nice with the Techno hardware, and keep it below $500, + $200 for Mach4, I would say you have something. But if it has to close in on the $1,000+ mark for the plug-in, it's just as cost effective to toss the Techno and do a full Mach4 box and be done with it.

Feel free to let me know what you decide on the Mach4 plug-in interface.

Thanks for all your assistance in the past, Eric.

Dave