TechnoCNC Patriot and Inventor Pro 2016 HSM

Thread: TechnoCNC Patriot and Inventor Pro 2016 HSM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TechnoCNC Patriot and Inventor Pro 2016 HSM

Up to this point, we've used MasterCAM to generate g-code for our TechnoCNC Patriot Milling Machine.
    We also use Inventor Pro 201X to do our CAD. Now that Autodesk has released the CAM plug-in HSM for IP201X, we'd like to use that
    to do our tool paths. We've had mixed success. I believe the problem involves picking the right post-processing plug-in.
    Does anyone else use this approach..and if so...what post-processor do you pick from the HSM drop down?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TechnoCNC Patriot and Inventor Pro 2016 HSM

Doc,

We've been working with the folks at Autodesk on this, and hope to have a good solution soon.
    For now, if you pick the generic FANUC post, all you have to do is remove the comments/other stuff at the beginning of the file and you should be good to go. You can remove those lines in a text editor like notepad, or the one built into the CNC interface.

Regards,
    Eric

Eric Feldman - Design Engineer, Programmer
    Armor CNC - http://www.armorcnc.com Support hours: 7am thru 10pm EST, 7 days a week

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did run into one snag. It appears that either the TechnoCNC post processor or the TechnoCNC software does not work and play well with the ramp commands.

Downloads
    Uploads

Send us the gcode file that is getting put out and I'll check it out. Our address is on our website, Armor CNC Systems under contact.

Eric

Armor CNC - http://www.armorcnc.com Support hours: 7am thru 10pm EST, 7 days a week

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will the same post processor work for a TechnoCNC LC series 3024? I am new to this and find MasterCam very difficult. I do pretty well with Inventor so I was hoping to use it to mill my parts rather than MasterCam

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by toaren01 View Post
    Will the same post processor work for a TechnoCNC LC series 3024? I am new to this and find MasterCam very difficult. I do pretty well with Inventor so I was hoping to use it to mill my parts rather than MasterCam
    Yup, same post.

Eric