Working on Taig Tools Video Series - feedback welcome!

Thread: Working on Taig Tools Video Series - feedback welcome!

Default Working on Taig Tools Video Series - feedback welcome!

I'm working on some Taig videos and wanted to share and get feedback from users. The two I have created so far are on youtube and targeted at new lathe users. Any and all advice is welcome (as well as any ideas for future vids). Thanks! -Keith

Here is the 2nd video:

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Working on Taig Tools Video Series - feedback welcome!

great job. I think this will be helpful not only to those who want to learn to use their taigs, but also for people interested in buying one to see what the capabilities of the machine really are. That would be a great video as well, see the max MRR you can get in different materials.

My only comment would be on the top down camera view. The OCD in me would want to see that rotated 180 degrees so that the spindle is on the left of the shot. I think that gives a better perspective of what you'll actually see when you walk up to the lathe

Thanks CS900! Appreciate the feedback and suggestions. I plan to flip the video as you mention in the next video. I don’t know why I didn’t do that in this one... I like the idea of demonstrating max MRR and various capabilities too - was considering a demonstration of Max stock size as well, which is a common question and trickier to answer than it seems (over cross slide, facing only, max length on either scenario, etc).

3rd Video is up - includes many suggested changes!