Attaching dial indicator

Thread: Attaching dial indicator

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Attaching dial indicator

I have a CNC Taig mill, I got a Chinese dial indicator, the type with plunger... but its useless if you can't attach it. I have a vise setup and I would like to square it up. What to buy for attachment that will work on my Taig, I prefer to buy not make it as I usually cut plastic and don't have any metal stock to machine parts. I've googled for hours and searched Ebay but did not find anything. IF you post a link to the item I need that would be great.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Attaching dial indicator

I keep a Taig lathe tool post mounted on the spindle housing (fits in the t slots) and use that to secure a dial test indicator holder (cam lock style with round stock mount not mag base). They are meant to mount in the spindle but the 1/4 inch tool post works well. You want the mini version of the holder though, think I got mine at little machine shop some time ago.

Note: you probably want to use a dial test indicator rather than dial indicator for vise squaring.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, So a Dial test indicator is the pivot type instead of plunger, correct?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, something like this.
    Attaching dial indicator-nf1000_prd_big_picture_1-jpg
    They have a dovetail at the top and along the rear and usually come with a cylindrical mounting post that lets you mount it directly into the chuck on your mill.

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au