Need Help! Having trouble with 2 of 3 axes, both difficult to turn by hand...Mach 3 CNC

Thread: Having trouble with 2 of 3 axes, both difficult to turn by hand...Mach 3 CNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Having trouble with 2 of 3 axes, both difficult to turn by hand...Mach 3 CNC

I recently purchased a used Taig CNC mill with the Microproto 2000 controller. The seller paid UPS to pack it and they did a terrible job, so this could be an issue they caused. I have set up Mach3 and am able to get the Y axis to respond correctly, this axis is also easy to move by hand, it turns smoothly. The Z and X axes are both pretty difficult to turn by hand. The X axis is the easier of the two to turn by hand, its motor will turn the correct directions when controlled by mach 3 but it chatters pretty badly and the table doesnt move at all. When I try to move the Z axis with Mach 3 the motor just chatters and wont move at all. Anyone have any idea what the issue could be? Does it sound like it could have taken damage from not being immobilized in its shipping box? Thanks for any help

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Having trouble with 2 of 3 axes, both difficult to turn by hand...Mach 3 CNC

Could the axis locks be tightened? if it has them. Way adjusters too tight? Does anything look like anything was damaged in shipping? Maybe the seller locked the ways down to prevent shipping damage.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default SOLVED trouble with 2 of 3 axes, both difficult to turn by hand...Mach 3 CNC

It was working before he shipped it, he sent me a video, and he did not mention tightening anything, I sent him a message asking about it though. There is a pretty good gouge in, I believe it is called the z-axis main body.

edit: Just heard back from the seller and he said they were all moving smoothly prior to being turned over to UPS. Looks like Im going to have to be utilizing the insurance.

UPS killed the controller.

Last edited by Heavy44; 04-07-2017 at 05:09 PM.