Taig 5019 CR-ER Mach 3 Settings Needed

Thread: Taig 5019 CR-ER Mach 3 Settings Needed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Taig 5019 CR-ER Mach 3 Settings Needed

Recently purchased the New Taig 5019-CR-ER ball screw mill. I transferred the components Taig said I would need from the Taig CNC 2019CR-ER I purchased from them some years ago. The stepper motors & 2000 controller transfer went well. Please note that this senior has very little experience & less familiarity with CNC & Mach 3, at this time. Never really used the 2019 it is like new & now manually converted. Got the 5019 up & running on mach 3 with settings provided.

Here's the story. Would like to hear from others with this unit and what Mach 3 configurations they are using for this setup? My email program is an older OE and some files that were sent would not open. Would like to know the port & pins setting, etc and the motor output settings, input & output settings, that you have found satisfactory. Any an all information, suggestions would be appreciated.

Desktop PC Using XP3 with parallel port .... The Micro mill 2000 HD/LE controller...... inch settings needed for mach 3 .... 4 axes. Hope this helps!

Thank you very much! PM

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Taig 5019 CR-ER Mach 3 Settings Needed

PM the new setup should just move with the older settings file, just not the right speed or distance. Nothing has changed electronically between Mach3 and the 2000LE controller, but you now need a lower 'steps per' count in the motor tuning, and adjustments to the speed and acceleration. I've got the files for the older setup on my website, but not yet seen the figures for the new ballscrew setup, but the ballscrew is 2.5mm pitch rather than 20tpi so just over half the resolution. With the half stepping driver we get 160 steps per mm or 4064 steps per inch ( down from 8000 ) but speed and acceleration are something I've no handle on as yet.

Lester Caine - G8HFL
    http://medw.co.uk - Home of electronics for the Model Engineer

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lsces View Post
    PM the new setup should just move with the older settings file, just not the right speed or distance. Nothing has changed electronically between Mach3 and the 2000LE controller, but you now need a lower 'steps per' count in the motor tuning, and adjustments to the speed and acceleration. I've got the files for the older setup on my website, but not yet seen the figures for the new ballscrew setup, but the ballscrew is 2.5mm pitch rather than 20tpi so just over half the resolution. With the half stepping driver we get 160 steps per mm or 4064 steps per inch ( down from 8000 ) but speed and acceleration are something I've no handle on as yet.
    Taig did suggest that it would be necessary to use the 4064 steps per inch for the X Y Z so you did a very good job of calculating that area. Another area, as a beginner mach 3, is the jogging tab. It appears that there are direction arrows show for the x y z and a axis. IS it necessary when jogging to have the axis jog in the direction of the arrows? When I first put in the outputs, I found that only the z & a axis (axes) responding accordingly to arrow direction while the x & y went in opposite arrow directions. I don't get it and will admit I haven't the foggiest, at this time, if it really matters. Hope this helps. Thank you very much for the in step settings for inch. It appears that the vel & acc are pretty much the same for x y z. PM

Downloads
    Uploads

Good point. The original threads are different hands for X and Y so in manual mode they are more natural. Obviously not practical for ballscrews, so you need to change a 'tick' to a 'cross' on the direction polarity in ports and pins setting. But I would have expected X or Y and Z to need a swap rather than X and Y vs Z ...

Lester Caine - G8HFL

Downloads
    Uploads

Good point. The original threads are different hands for X and Y so in manual mode they are more natural. Obviously not practical for ballscrews, so you need to change a 'tick' to a 'cross' on the direction polarity in ports and pins setting. But I would have expected X or Y and Z to need a swap rather than X and Y vs Z ...
    Will try to better explain what has taken place so far an by all means correct me if I am mistaken. The mach 3 motor outputs in the ports & pins for x y z & a are as follows: The dirlowac is checked for x & y ..... the steploac is checked for z & a. This permits me to jog the axes in the direction anointed in mach 3. Hope that this may help. Thank you! PW

Downloads
    Uploads

For the 2000LE controller, 'Step Low Active' should be a cross on all channels and step size in motor tuning is 10uS.
    Dir Low is a tick for X and a cross for the other three channels.
    Bare in mind that X and Y jog direction is the direction the CUTTER moves in and not the table, which does confuse some people, but I would I think anticipate that all 'Dir Low' boxes would be crosses with the ballscrews ...

Lester Caine - G8HFL

Downloads
    Uploads

For the 2000LE controller, 'Step Low Active' should be a cross on all channels and step size in motor tuning is 10uS.
    Dir Low is a tick for X and a cross for the other three channels.
    Bare in mind that X and Y jog direction is the direction the CUTTER moves in and not the table, which does confuse some people, but I would I think anticipate that all 'Dir Low' boxes would be crosses with the ballscrews ...
    Beginning to get the picture. Thanks you for explaining the CUTTER apparatus concerning the jog direction of x & y. Little by little I need to get a handle on the basics of the program. Very nicely done Isces. Thanks again .... PM