service repair man

Thread: service repair man

Downloads
    Uploads

Default service repair man

Would anyone know of a service / repair man for a Taig CNC mill with bed movement problems, in the Sydney to Newcastle area in New South Wales, Australia

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: service repair man

I think there's a Taig distributor in Australia somewhere, but I doubt they send out repairmen. I shudder to think how much it would cost if they did. What's the problem with the bed movement - is that in the X or Y axis? Have you tried adjusting the gibs?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Awerby
    The Australia Taig distributor is 2 hours down the road from me and its very hard to get a response from them unless your buying something. (been waiting a week)

The problem arose due to my pulling the machine apart to clean and re-oil. Routine service.

It's my fault that I need someone to tweak it back to normal. I watched youtube video's on how to do it,

It is working but I can hear it moaning, sometimes at high movements in Y and Z

So I was simply after someone who is knowledgeable, to redo my lack of accuracy
    Regards
    Kel

Downloads
    Uploads

Moaning sounds usually come from the motors, not the mechanical parts of the machine, although I suppose they could be exacerbated by mechanical problems. Have you tried re-tuning the motors in Mach3?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Awerby
    Sorry, but the motors are fine and it is the mechanical parts. I am sure it is just fine turning on the slides.
    Regards
    Kel

Downloads
    Uploads

Setting these machines up after a tear down takes a gentle hand. With the machine well lubricated and using the proper oil, you can adjust it out with some patience. The first few times are the hardest but it becomes easy with a little experience. Just back all the adjustments per slide off then "Pretend" to tighten them back to accuracy level. Tighten, check, tighten, check again. Be sure you are using some good way oil...or at least the automatic transmission fluid.... way oil is much better. You can do it! Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan
    Could you please advise what is "way" oil ?

Regards
    Kel

Downloads
    Uploads

Kel,

Have you viewed this video?

Quote Originally Posted by nivlek View Post
    Awerby
    The Australia Taig distributor is 2 hours down the road from me and its very hard to get a response from them unless your buying something. (been waiting a week)

The problem arose due to my pulling the machine apart to clean and re-oil. Routine service.

It's my fault that I need someone to tweak it back to normal. I watched youtube video's on how to do it,

It is working but I can hear it moaning, sometimes at high movements in Y and Z

So I was simply after someone who is knowledgeable, to redo my lack of accuracy
    Regards
    Kel

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan
    Could you please advise what is "way" oil ?

Regards
    Kel
    Kel, Way Oil is made to hold onto metal parts...like the ways of your machine. I think about every major oil company has their version. My favorite is Mobil Vactra #2. I use it on every machine I have from $100K to my Taig units and we tell all of our customers to use the way oil over anything else. You just can't beat it...and you will notice an immediate difference between using way oil and at least anything else I have ever tried. Clean off any other oil... and use this on any part that rubs another part. I wouldn't know where to get it in Australia but I have customers there that use it so I am sure it is available. I hope this can help you get up and running. Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Slideway OIL Vactra 2 Lathe Milling Hercus Sheration Myford Bridgeport Sieg GUN | eBay

1 Gallon OF Mobil Vactra WAY OIL 2 FOR Bridgeport Haas Mills Hardinge Lathes | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Ican View Post
    Kel, Way Oil is made to hold onto metal parts...like the ways of your machine. I think about every major oil company has their version. My favorite is Mobil Vactra #2. I use it on every machine I have from $100K to my Taig units and we tell all of our customers to use the way oil over anything else. You just can't beat it...and you will notice an immediate difference between using way oil and at least anything else I have ever tried. Clean off any other oil... and use this on any part that rubs another part. I wouldn't know where to get it in Australia but I have customers there that use it so I am sure it is available. I hope this can help you get up and running. Dan

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Jalessi
    I watched that video, and that's why I decided to clean my machine. But I invited another machinist over for a cuppa and lunch and we got the Taig back to normal, after stopping and starting that same video again and again.
    The mill is working find now, so thank you to all.

Ican
    I purchased waylube 68 in Australia for the slides. I should get that this week and will apply it.

Thank you all for your guidance
    Regards
    Kel

Downloads
    Uploads

Jalessi
    I watched that video, and that's why I decided to clean my machine. But I invited another machinist over for a cuppa and lunch and we got the Taig back to normal, after stopping and starting that same video again and again.
    The mill is working find now, so thank you to all.

Ican
    I purchased waylube 68 in Australia for the slides. I should get that this week and will apply it.

Thank you all for your guidance
    Regards
    Kel
    Kel, you are more than welcome. You will see a marked difference in that machine now. We use / sell the units here and always suggest the way oil to our customers. The next tear down and adjust will be easier too. Once you have done that a few times you will get the feel of it. It's good to see someone that wants to care for the machine. Good for you!! Glad you are up and running. Dan.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan
    Before I place this way oil on the slides, it seems rather sticky.

As I machine, aluminium, plastic and wood on the taig, previously, I have used a silicone spray on the slides and thread. This I believe, seems to lessen the dust build up, from the wood on the threads and slides.

Would using the way oil cause more dust collection ???

I am not concerned about the aluminium or the plastic. Just the wood dust.

Regards
    Kel

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan
    Before I place this way oil on the slides, it seems rather sticky.

As I machine, aluminium, plastic and wood on the taig, previously, I have used a silicone spray on the slides and thread. This I believe, seems to lessen the dust build up, from the wood on the threads and slides.

Would using the way oil cause more dust collection ???

I am not concerned about the aluminium or the plastic. Just the wood dust.

Regards
    Kel
    Hi Kel,
    Yes sir, the way oil will absolutely stick and hold that sawdust to those slides and screws. You would need to clean the machine more often. The way oil will make the machine smoother and make it last longer but that danged sawdust will be a problem for sure. I haven't seen a silicone spray I would trust to prevent machine wear but you may be forced to use something like that rather than way oil. What wood I have cut...even some very hard woods make a lot more "Dust" than chips.
    Hope this can help. Dan.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok , thank you Dan
    I guess it will be a personal choice

Kel