If you have a Taig or thinking about getting one...

Thread: If you have a Taig or thinking about getting one...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default If you have a Taig or thinking about getting one...

http://lathes.jrbentley.com/taig.html

Check this out. It's from a page of some guy with an interesting shop who makes miniature tools and engines (he even made a miniature Taig lathe!) and it shows some of the upgrades he made for his lathe.

Having a Taig myself, it was a fun read, and motivating to see the things he's done with his, and made with it. (if you check out the rest of his page, he also shows an 80's version that he bought from Taig years ago... just some nice home workshop info and Tiag stuff).

Maybe people on here know about him, but I just discovered the site while browsing online... if you havent seen it before, then enjoy!

Similar Threads:

Default Great Site

I ran across John several years ago on Nick Carter's yahoo group (Taigtools). I actually got the hand-drawn plans from JR and built his lead screw design into my Taig lathe. Very compact and eloquent design.
    His site is indeed eye candy for the engineer-minded type or anyone who would appreciate the thought and execution of his super clean and machinery and modifications. I would love to visit his shop!

Lynn Livingston

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HOLY JEEBUS- Take a look at the amazing drill press conversion he did for the Taig Mill head!!

I must make one of those. NOW. It's brilliant- but there are no build logs I can find

Still, I think I understand how it works by looking at it. I'd make one, and add a longer travel, with a dial caliper head chopped on for ultimate precision depthing.

In fact, that's brilliant too. I think I'll do just that!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its people like this who motivate me to be creative and mess around with this... even if it is just a hobby. So much fun.