MY T-SLOT MACHINES: CNC ROUTER AND FOAM CUTTER

Thread: MY T-SLOT MACHINES: CNC ROUTER AND FOAM CUTTER

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool MY T-SLOT MACHINES: CNC ROUTER AND FOAM CUTTER

I have always liked the practicality of the extruded aluminum. Very easy to build machines from the ground.

My last router was inspired by the Shopbot Desktop: I wanted something to be sturdy like a tank within a small form factor. It uses Leadshine drivers integrated into the machine body along with all the electronics. The ESS for the train pulse generator and a 1hp spindle form UGRA (first time to use a spindle, I was using a Bosch router and a super PID and i will never come back).

All the frame was built using extruded aluminum.

MY T-SLOT MACHINES: CNC ROUTER AND FOAM CUTTER-dsc05735-jpg

All the ballscrews are from ebay (linearmotionberings)

MY T-SLOT MACHINES: CNC ROUTER AND FOAM CUTTER-dsc05730-jpg

Just like the shopbot, the first proyect was to make a spoilboard and a magnetic dust shoe

So far so good, I been cutting aluminum very easely, just had to add some coolant, a choose the MD-1200 Microdrop.

Currently im concerned about Mach3, i have read that a lot of people are switching to UCCNC, what do you guys think about it??

My last build is a foam cutter, and again i built it with 20 mm extruded aluminum, currently im working to improve the cutting speed and the cutting temperature, trying to add a PID controller, I'm looking for the right thermocouple, any suggestions?

MY T-SLOT MACHINES: CNC ROUTER AND FOAM CUTTER-20170513_185320-jpg

Im using it with Simplify3d to control it, this foam cutter is powered by the smoothieboard.