Need Help! Custom CNC router build

Thread: Custom CNC router build

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Custom CNC router build

I've always been interested in CNC machines and in the past few months, I decided I was going to build myself one.
    I decided to go for a gantry style router build out of 4040 and 4080 extrusions.

For the linear movement, I decided to go with a steel bar with rollers on it, as this seems like a strong and not too expensive system to me. For the linear drive, I'm using NEMA 23 steppers with 16mm trapezoidal screws.

My main concern is that I don't know if this design will work or that I need to do something completely different. My goal is to cut everything up to aluminium by using a 2.2 kW water-cooled spindle. My biggest concern is the rigidity of this design, and if it will be precise enough.

Included are some renders of the model as well as the model itself for if somebody wants to take a look at the design.

So should I continue on this path and finish this design, or should I go for something pre-made and spend some more money on that.

The full photo's and the .STEP files can be found here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By-...ew?usp=sharing