Build Thread New Build

Thread: New Build

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New Build

OK this is my first post ,This is not my first cnc machine , in the past I had a Shopbot , The past 2 months I purchased parts on Ebay for this build ,
    4 Nema 23 motors ,2 34 volt power supply's and one 48 Volt for the Z
    SBR16 liner rails and 1605 ball screws
    8020 T slot Aluminum
    3 axis 1/2" plate kit for gantry , Z plates and motor mounts
    Smooth stepper board ESS and a BOB from CNC4PC that plugs directly into the smooth stepper
    MACH3
    1.5KW Spindle water cooled with heat ex changer

Over the past 2 months I have been assembling the parts and testing , did some reading on this forum "machine build BIG BAMBOO" got a lot of good info there ,
    assembled most of the machine and at that point I decided I did not like the outboard ball screws as they were getting dusty just during the build , so came up with the idea to rotate the plates 90 deg , cut off what was not needed , added a cross plate between the lower gantry , and I am quite satisfied so far , have made some test cuts , and kinda getting the hang of MACH3 , I am now waiting on 2 timing gears and belt for the two Y axis motors as I can see the need for them , and a brush from Kent dust shoe , I cut my own plexi dust shoe just like Kent makes with the magnets , waiting for the brush to surface the table , I put 1/4-20 inserts every 2" into the spoil board , have also installed home sw and limit sw New Build-img_20161219_084605260-1-jpg