I made one of my own

Thread: I made one of my own

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I made one of my own

I started with a Shapeoko 2, but those plastic wheels are worthless. I decided to make my own that is capable of anything I can throw at it. This one uses misumi extrusions. Guys if you are struggling with getting the t-channel nuts to line up, get a nut rail. I got this for attaching the Hiwin guideways and it was magical. The nut rail can be custom made with a spacing that you specify.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I made one of my own

HI. Nice router. Can you explain what you meant here?: "Guys if you are struggling with getting the t-channel nuts to line up, get a nut rail. I got this for attaching the Hiwin guideways and it was magical. The nut rail can be custom made with a spacing that you specify."

I think I will probably use Misumi extrusion for mounting profile rails on my next build and I think youre describing what I need for precise assembly.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I made one of my own

Quote Originally Posted by 1Jumper10 View Post
    HI. Nice router. Can you explain what you meant here?: "Guys if you are struggling with getting the t-channel nuts to line up, get a nut rail. I got this for attaching the Hiwin guideways and it was magical. The nut rail can be custom made with a spacing that you specify."

I think I will probably use Misumi extrusion for mounting profile rails on my next build and I think youre describing what I need for precise assembly.
    To attach the linear rail to the extrusion, most ppl put a bunch of individual t-slot nuts in the extrusion. If you do this you have to position each one precisely to match the fastener pattern of the linear rail. But if you use something like this:
    Nuts of MISUMI?MISUMI USA

you can have all the nuts together in one piece, and the spacing between threaded holes will always be proper for the linear rail.