You can see what I mean about language hurdles Enthusiastic and helpfull but.....
Steppers, Break out board and stepper drivers all have no indentification on them and I have asked for the technical documents for each of them.
For example the stepper drivers have a set of dip switches and a trimpot with no indication of the settings or what they do.
I need to communicate that one of the motor brackets has been machined back to front. No good so far but I'll keep on trying
we are in tranlate for you,soonly,hehe.
Thanks Syil. That's great
I hope it will be tech type info, I don't need instructions on how to bolt the bits together
(although I wish some of the bolt holes would line up)
Did you understand that the plate holding the motor mount on the X axis is machined back to front?
Also you sent me some photos showing where to mount the nice little limit actuating tabs but I did not get those nice little tabs or mounts in the kit.
Give me a break about the language barrier. When you call your credit card company you aren't exactly speaking to John Smith from Connecticut.
What are you having trouble with? I didn't have instuctions from cncfusion.
Point taken jl123 I meant no offence.
Originally Posted by jl123
Thanks for your kind offer. Can you tell me with the driver in the photo what the dip switch settings are for 10 microsteps?
Jeff it took about 4 weeks to get the order together. They're fairly busy with orders I think.
Originally Posted by InspirationTool
Freight was only about a week but I paid quite a bit for air freight.
Parcels into Australia can be luck of the draw whether they charge duties or just let it through. I was lucky this time
You really need to ask Syil about prices as they may have varied since I paid
Hehe, I didn't mean to call you out on it. I just don't think thier business will suffer because of that. They are working on a US rep anyways. They have a good thing going for them.
I don't know why cncfusion doesn't have any posted instructions. Even step by step pictures would have made things quicker. They have good email support though.
Keep it up.
Ok I started with the Z axis. This was the easiest in that not much altering was required.
The only thing that needs machining is to drill and tap six holes for the ballnut to fit the existing mounting block.
You can see in the first pic that I turned up a spacer to locate the ballnut centrally in the exsting hole.
Hole is 30mm and nut is 28mm. Not needed I guess I just found it easier to keep things aligned as I marked the holes and then torqued up the bolts.
Third pic and it is assembled. The top support uses the existing bearing.
Last pic the two bolts went in without elongating the holes. The two tapered pins did not go in as those holes did not line up.
I reckon it will be fine without them as the support sits with its bum down hard on the motor bracket.
If I decide otherwise later I can tap these and put two more bolts in.
The grub screw in the flex coupler is poor and a new hex key just turned in it so I will replace and may put another at 90 degrees.
This braket and setup looks good and solid to me and well designed.
The only negative I have is to do with the machining of the screw ends.
At first I thought the screw must be a bit bent but on closer investigation where it has been turned down on the ends
it has runout. .005 at the bottom and .010 at the top
The brackets that connect this to the head will have to absorb this I suppose. not great but what do you do?
Last pic is obvious.
All in all this part of the install went pretty easily.
Last edited by Greolt; 08-18-2006 at 01:28 AM.
Reason: Added last photo as it belongs with this lot
I seriously am quite jealous. Those nuts and screws are much nicer.
Now to my problem with the X axis mount.
I spose it's undersatndable that people are a little sceptical when I say the motor bracket has been machined backward.
The pic shows Lou's machine in the bottom (thanks Lou)
Mine is the one on top (now thats an idea, maybe they'll breed )
As you can see it is backwards.
I can dismantle and flip it around but then the countebores for the bolt heads will be on the wrong side.
So far Syil just think I don't know which end of the spanner to hold. I guess you can't blame them for that
Last edited by Greolt; 08-18-2006 at 12:19 AM.
So at this point, it appears that you have issues with the X-axis mount. And you defiently need documentation on setting up the stepper motors with the drivers (microstepping and current setting).
It sound like Syil, would do well to contract with you to put together a "Installation Guide" and to give you enough technical support in order to do so. This could eliminate the problems that your experiencing and keep a good product from turning sour.
Just an idea, hehe!!
Last edited by Ron111; 08-18-2006 at 02:06 PM.