Mach3 via Syil X4+ MPG remote - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mach3 via Syil X4+ MPG remote

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think I am supposed to install the card and then connect the cable adapter to it. I will not use the Smooth Stepper. I am not sure what the small CD disc is for, it may be for a SATA link driver. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

On another question if I may ask, the ports and pins sheet I got with my X4+ is not very clear on a few points and I hope you may be able to help.
    What are output "signals 1 and 2" used for, they are supposed to be connected to pins 3and 9 respectivlly. I am using signal 1 for the coolant.
    What is the "A home" input to pin 15 used for? There is no home switch on the 4th axis.
    What pins are used for the charge pump?
    The last question I have pertains to the problem of spindle speed control. No matter what you set a g code Sxxx you always get the same speed, around 780RPM. The spindle responds to M3,M4 and M5 but not to S requests for different speeds. I know this has been kicked around before but I can not find any resolutions to the problem.
    Len

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LEN1042 View Post
    i just reopened the package you sent for the MPG connector and in the package there is a parallel port/monitor port card and a small cd disc. Am I supposede to use this someplace or was it sent to me in error?

Thats a parallel port with an extra serial port that came extra The small CD are its installation drivers.

Configuring should be easy following this thread instructions, if you have more doubts please let me know.

BTW, I still have some of these cables available

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

peu nice work

cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LEN1042 View Post
    I think I am supposed to install the card and then connect the cable adapter to it. I will not use the Smooth Stepper. I am not sure what the small CD disc is for, it may be for a SATA link driver. Sorry for the confusion on my part.
    Hi Len, do you managed to install/configure the parallel port PCI card? the small CD are the drivers for it. These are totally unrelated to SATA!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pablo,
    I do not think that the disc was the correct one as it did not refer to the card at all. I did a browse search for the driver and I am not sure I got the correct one installed. I have been having other issues with the mill that I have been trying to resolve with Syil and have not messed with the MPG.
    Maybe you have a solution to the problem. On my X4+ I can not get the mill to respond to any S code commands. No matter what speed I call for the spindle will only run at 650 RPM. It does respond to M codes. It runs OK in manual mode. Someone else had a similar problem and was so discussed with the overall qualitiy of the mill that he demanded that it be sent back so I do not know if he kept the mill or if he ever resolved the speed issue.
    Len

Downloads
    Uploads

Today I received a weird (from my point of view) request, a cnczone user asked me if making and selling the adapter I explained in this thread is OK.
    I told him that I posted the schematics and setup instructions for any individual who wanted to build it for personal use, but if someone was going to make a profit out of it that would be me. Got a rather sarcastic reply...

Am I out of the line?

Pablo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry

Pablo, you surely not out of line. You did the work and were kind enough to offer it to us as either a finished item or a schematice to build our own use. If someone wants to start producing them, then he has an obligation to come to some sort of financial arrangment with you.
    regards,
    Len

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't worry about this other person Pablo, you have been more than generous by posting the schematics and instructions.

Downloads
    Uploads

A heads up for future builders of this adapter, the latest batch of remotes we received from Syil (March/11) have a new brand of remotes, they look alike but the wiring is different.

Pablo

● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't you just love surprises.

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Downloads
    Uploads

LOL yeah, better if they show up hours before a trade expo (www.emaqh.com) but I solved it.
    Google chrome auto translate and a loooooot of googling at chinese sites I found the new pinout and rewired one of the adaptors I already made

Downloads
    Uploads

Is that an argument for an embedded micro?
    Just change the table in software, or even just make it learn.
    A 5$ chip can take the pain out of things you can't quantify.
    LOL. ?? Just a thought. And the way I do it I make stuff copy proof a little better than grinding off IC tops.
    I suppose they need to stop their neighbors pilfering stuff, more than us.

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    Is that an argument for an embedded micro?
    Just change the table in software, or even just make it learn.
    A 5$ chip can take the pain out of things you can't quantify.
    LOL. ?? Just a thought. And the way I do it I make stuff copy proof a little better than grinding off IC tops.
    I suppose they need to stop their neighbors pilfering stuff, more than us.
    err... mmm... what??

Downloads
    Uploads

I mean, your adapter could be more complicated, and even if the pin outs changed, it could be fixed automatically in software IN the adapter.
    You can find another solution to most problems, even if it is not the best way.
    That's what I do for a living. Fix stupid problems, so they just go away, as long as someone wants to pay for a ridiculous solution, to cover their butt.

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh, yes now I understand, the remote is just two rotary switches plus an encoder no need to complicate things, if they change again I hope they again use at least a standard model

Downloads
    Uploads

Default my rant...

The lack of consistency is a by product of the lack of documentation, which means poor management because management doesn't understand the product,
    how to manage it and save themselves lots of $$s and make more profit.
    While the bean counters are at the top of the tree nothing will change.
    Only when it becomes a team effort that is coordinated, and cooperative will things ever improve.

It all starts AT THE TOP in every organization and the end result flows out the bottom, as most things do.

Downloads
    Uploads

Made a new board for using the MPG of 2010 and later models via mach3. This makes the mpg much more usefull because mach3 does not lose reference as it happens when you use the MPG connected to the mill.

Here is a video of the build: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctSR-XXc0lA"]YouTube - MPG2010[/nomedia]

Many cables are ready to ship if anyone is interested

Pablo

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 via Syil X4+ MPG remote

Im really interested in getting one of these adaptors if youd make me one PEU...please

I know its 6 years later but you never know right

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123