Another Syil Importer

Thread: Another Syil Importer

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Another Syil Importer

Looks like another company is selling Syil machines rebadged under the "Element" name.

Element cyclone = Syil X5 Pro or Combo (with speedster spindle)
    Element Torrent = Syil x7
    Element Torrent-R = Syil v7

CYCLONE — Element
    http://www.syil.com.cn/en/productsinfo.aspx?pid=41

They seem to be focusing on the higher end Syil machines, whereas Charter Oak is selling their lower end hobbyist machines.

Similar Threads:
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Another Syil Importer

I would like the opportunity to expand on this, as we believe we are a little more than a re-badge. Syil does build the current machines and they are based on the same iron. However, the machines are built to a different spec, that we've spent the last year developing, than the normal Syil products. The biggest changes are to our Torrent series of machines in which we've changed the spindle, spindle motor, servos and drives, and ball screws. The Cyclone gets different servos and drives and a different spindle; we use a 1.5 kW ISO20 ATC spindle instead of the ER16 collet spindle used in the speedmaster. All servos and drives are Delta, much smoother and faster than the standard servo offerings from Syil.

Our control system, Carbon, is designed and built by us utilizing Mach4 Industrial. It is built and installed here in Maine.

We are definitely focusing on a higher end market, and the machines are built to that standard. Charter Oak and Syil America are still selling, and as far as I know will continue to sell the hobby machines.

Chief Enginerd - Element Machine Tools

Downloads
    Uploads

One big up-check from my point of view is that your team has a strong commercial background in machining.

I think some of the previous Syil importers have stumbled because they were hobbyists without a strong technical background to help customers through initial setup issues... and of course that they also sold the bottom of the barrel of Syil's offerings that were more likely to require a lot of hand holding to get them going.

Good luck with your new business, I hope to see you thrive. It would be nice to see some decent offerings in the semi-pro machinery line. Not as expensive as a Haas (at least some of your machines) but more professionally focused than the handful of hobbyist vendors.

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the kind words!

The hobby market is tough for machines. Low margins to hit the price points means there is little money to pay for support, regardless of skills. There are very few that have managed to strike a delicate balance in that industry.

That's the goal. We are getting busier, big things happening this week. Certainly getting to be very exciting!

Thank you again for the compliments. Continue to keep an eye on us and don't hesitate to contact us with questions or suggestions.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom - how well does Mach4 work for you? I've heard mixed reports from the user community.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mach4 has been great! We've been very happy. Brian and his team have been great and super helpful. I think a large part of our success with it is not just Mach4, but also with the hardware from Mach Motion, Vital Systems and Pokeys. They have all been great to work with, and also extremely helpful.

Lua was a bit of a learning curve, but the power it offers is well worth the time spent learning.

Compared to Mach3, I don't think you can compare it. There are so many shortcomings with 3, everybody just knows what they are and how to work around them, so they don't seem like issues any more...lol

Downloads
    Uploads

That's good to hear. They must be working through the teething problems some folks reported. Quality hardware must help, too.

Downloads
    Uploads

There were certainly some issues at the start. Always are, nature of product development, especially with software as complex as mach.

Yea, using well developed products helps. I do have an old machine running on a popular hobby motion control, it is quite a bit more finicky and unreliable.

Last edited by TomL21; 04-06-2016 at 07:40 PM. Reason: typo

Downloads
    Uploads

Very Nice. I wonder why you did not install a more robust controller? Looks alike another option to upgrading from my S4.

/DP

Downloads
    Uploads

Mach4 Industrial has proven to be very reliable and has the performance to do everything we need and then some. It also allows us to be very flexible with the machines and our interface, giving us the ability to customize to an application if needed. There really is no question, we wouldn't be what we are or be able to move in the direction we want to with another system.

Downloads
    Uploads

Greetings, The torrent has my interest. Why 3 phase?
    /DP

Downloads
    Uploads

Ahh. Well 3 phase will provide the best performance, especially on the spindle. But fortunately for you the Torrent series will run just fine on single phase Just remember that you won't get a full 5hp from it on single phase. In the videos on the website that machine was actually running on single phase power.

I'll have to make sure the website is clear on that point...

At the risk of bringing down the wrath of the anti spam cops...

What is your website?

Where are you located?

FYI: Most VFDs (except some by PolySpede and maybe a few others) are derated by 30% when running on single phase. If you advertised it as 3HP on single and 5HP and 3phase or put that it in your specs you might keep the interest of some of us who are apt to dismiss companies based on the specs without ever contacting you.

Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bob La Londe View Post
    At the risk of bringing down the wrath of the anti spam cops...

What is your website?

Where are you located?

FYI: Most VFDs (except some by PolySpede and maybe a few others) are derated by 30% when running on single phase. If you advertised it as 3HP on single and 5HP and 3phase or put that it in your specs you might keep the interest of some of us who are apt to dismiss companies based on the specs without ever contacting you.
    We are located in Maine. Website cam be found with a simple search or by going to element-cnc.com.

As far as the power specs go, you'll find we're already ahead of you

I put Element CNC into Yahoo search and didn't see it right away, but I promise to remember you don't think I'm too smart. LOL.

Bob La Londe

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Good for you. Because of the types of results that Google provides for some types of searches it is not my default search provider. Interestingly because of their outdated indexing methods many search engines provide better results than Google for certain searches.

I'm still not sure what the upside is to putting down a potential customer (even in a very miniscule way) rather than just answering their questions, but if an employee of the company feels that's the best way to handle it who am I to argue that they shouldn't have just taken the opportunity to post their link because somebody asked.

I did have some questions about the machines themselves, but because of the response of the company and yours I am not sure I want to ask now. My widdle feewings might get hurt.

You know I actually do own a Syil CNC machine. I actually own three of them, but the other two are still in the vendor's warehouse. Last word I heard was they are supposed to ship today. I am in the process of planning for additional machines down the road. When I saw new Syil vendor, and read that they made some substantial machine improvements in house I thought I better give them a look. Maybe that was a mistake. Wouldn't be my first one. Probably won't be my last.

Bob La Londe

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bob La Londe View Post
    Maybe that was a mistake. Wouldn't be my first one. Probably won't be my last.
    Another mistake would be assuming that I work for Syil if that's what you actually did. If not, my apologies.

Sorry for the brevity of the response that you quoted; I was only trying to be succinct.

I did not assume you worked for Syil or Element CNC or Syil America or Charter Oak Automation.

Bob La Londe

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, on first read it looked like you were suggesting that I was putting you down because of the terseness of my reply. It still looks like that a bit from this statement:

I did have some questions about the machines themselves, but because of the response of the company and yours I am not sure I want to ask now. My widdle feewings might get hurt.