Syil x7 with ADTech controller

Thread: Syil x7 with ADTech controller

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Syil x7 with ADTech controller

I have a Syil X7 and recently upgraded the ADTech controller to an ADT4640 control.
    Would anyone know the Parameter settings for this controller? My machine has the older HB206 stepper drivers.
    ADTech manual (English) is not a lot of help. ADTech are trying to help but would be MUCH easier if someone had a list of Parameters that work.
    I have emailed Syil to see if they can help but would also appreciate any help which may be available here.

Thanks in advance
    Greg
    Melbourne, Australia

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Syil x7 with ADTech controller

Greg
    I dont know the answer but how do you like the x7? Is it rigid with the linear ways? I saw a x7 video with a lot of chatter cutting aluminum do have this problem.? Is it accurate? Would you reccomend buying one and do you have any problems with it good luck with our machine thanks Dave

Quote Originally Posted by chevalier View Post
    I have a Syil X7 and recently upgraded the ADTech controller to an ADT4640 control.
    Would anyone know the Parameter settings for this controller? My machine has the older HB206 stepper drivers.
    ADTech manual (English) is not a lot of help. ADTech are trying to help but would be MUCH easier if someone had a list of Parameters that work.
    I have emailed Syil to see if they can help but would also appreciate any help which may be available here.

Thanks in advance
    Greg
    Melbourne, Australia

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dave,

Its a bit hard to answer your question, it depends on what you want from the machine. The Syil X7 is a small, low cost copy of a bigger VMC. I like the counter weight on Z (no gas struts or brakes), the linear ways and the air draw bar. Like all things in life, you get what you pay for. I am happy with mine. I make small components with reasonable to good surface finish and within 0.03mm of spec. I can get tolerance closer if required but what comes off the machine is good for what I do. My machine is for hobby use.
    Chatter, yes if you select the wrong speeds and feeds, but I have seen industrial machines chatter if the operator sets the wrong feeds and speeds. The X7 is a little more unforgiving with chatter if you get the settings incorrect - you just need to focus the mind. You need to know the machine and program accordingly. Would I recommend buying one? No one can make that call except yourself.
    If you do buy one you are going to have to fix it yourself, but they are not that complicated mechanically, electrically it depends on the control. I have an ADTech which I have upgraded to the later model and as per this post I am having difficulty setting the correct parameters. I was expecting some hassle but I know I will get it correct with perseverance.

Things I dont like. All the Black sheet metal. I got rid of all the sheet metal and I am putting a full enclosure around it with a hose down facility. I dislike swarf everywhere and do like the coolant to flood the part so I do not recut the chips.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Greg - how did you go finding a parameter list?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ljwibb,

The road to controller upgrade was a difficult journey.
    It took a software upgrade and many emails, skype sessions and videos of the issues before I got to a successful outcome. The software was delivered without an English version of the manual and the old manual had outdated parameter descriptions. I finally got the updated English manual and it helped considerably. The hardware from ADTech is very good for the money but tech support was difficult. The meaning of questions and answers getting lost in the translation. The answers I received were more like "clues" as to what I should try next. Once you put on the Sherlock Holmes hat and deciphered the clues it was not too bad. To be far a lot gets lost in the translation and I am sure it would be the same difficulty at the Chinese end. I will put a spreadsheet together with all the working parameters and will post here in case someone else is struggling. It must be said that you would need identical hardware for the same results I am getting. Each machine is different and tuning is a matter of understanding what is happening and refining the settings for smooth movement

Downloads
    Uploads

Translation clues:
    Using two browser windows, google to translate to Chinese, then back to English, edit, back to Chinese, and keep looping until the English bit makes good sense.
    Subtle changes in grammar and plurals, along with abbreviations can create Sherlock garbage.
    Try to be very brief with extra words. Be very brief with words. Use less words. It gets better after a few goes.

Translate to Chinese and back to English... Compare with the above and see what our verbose language causes!!
    Translation of clues:
    Use two browser windows, Google translate to China, and then returned to England, edit, back to China, and continue to loop until the English position is justified.
    Grammar and subtle changes in the complex, with the acronym can create Holmes garbage.
    Try to be very brief with extra words. It is a very short text. Use fewer words. It gets better after a few goes.

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Greg. Similar storey regarding tech support - lots of emails needed to sort relatively simple things. Although I'm new to CNC and probably asked a lot of dumb questions, I ended up being very frustrated by lack of detail (and in some cases no information at all) in the manual, and so didn't stand a chance of figuring it out on my own. Lucky its a hobby, where the journey is as much fun as the end result, else I would no doubt be thinking that the 4640 wasn't good value after all! As it is, I am considering buying another Adtech for a lathe conversion. Louis