Syil stepper driver

Thread: Syil stepper driver

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Syil stepper driver

I was given a few Syil stepper drivers from a friend who said the BOB went out on his Seig SX3 mill and couldn't figure out how to connect the Syil drivers to his new BOB so he bought new drives and gave the Syil drives to me. can anyone help me with this? I found the pdf on the syil stepper driver here: http://syilamerica.com/product_docs/...per_driver.pdf
    My BOB has step+ step- dir+ dir- What goes where on this crazy syil stepper drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Syil stepper driver

The info you need is right there in the pdf you posted, printed pages 7 and 9.

Pablo

● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●

Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, quite nice drivers, as long as connectors to motor are not intermittent (read that as cr4ppy crimps on external wiring) and you don't get any shorts in wiring.
    I blew up a mosfet in one by using a motor that had very low inductance. Just replace mosfet and all is fine.
    Make sure enable line is in correct state, or nothing will happen.

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Downloads
    Uploads

I seen that but wasn't sure what was the step and what was direction on the drive. I hooked up my step+ and step- to cc+ and cc- and my dir + to dr+ and dir - to cw - but nothing happened. Any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the stepper manual. The enable (free) signal is probably not as you expect and is stopping it working. Leave (free) disconnected (It causes motor to freewheel)
    Driver pins as displayed on case

PLUS can go to +5v. No resistors required in series with each input pin
    PLUS can go to +12v. 1K resistors required in series with each input pin

PDF...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Syil stepper driver-cnc_stepper_driver-pdf  
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Downloads
    Uploads

I know this is an old post however I've searched and can't find anything on the "timing requirements" for the Syil stepper driver. The driver PDF above doesn't say what the minimum or maximum timing requirements for this driver are. This thread comes up in Google searches so thought it might be useful if an answer can be added here.

What are the minimum pulse or step timings for the Syil Supper Diver?

Once I can get all the information together and can get my Syil X3S working on LinuxCNC I'll put together a post on the required settings for anyone else that wants to change over from Mach3. Unfortunately my Mach3 PC died so I don't have the original settings to help with setup.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kiwibum View Post
    I know this is an old post however I've searched and can't find anything on the "timing requirements" for the Syil stepper driver. The driver PDF above doesn't say what the minimum or maximum timing requirements for this driver are. This thread comes up in Google searches so thought it might be useful if an answer can be added here.

What are the minimum pulse or step timings for the Syil Supper Diver?

Once I can get all the information together and can get my Syil X3S working on LinuxCNC I'll put together a post on the required settings for anyone else that wants to change over from Mach3. Unfortunately my Mach3 PC died so I don't have the original settings to help with setup.
    Minimum andaximum timings? On a squarewave? I bet the steepper motor misses steps before you hit that limit.

If you don't backup for a year, you are prepared to lose a years work.

Mach3 manual is quite concise and clear. Parallel port, pin numbers, and all.