Multi Part Production

Thread: Multi Part Production

Default Multi Part Production

Hi Everyone,

I have been wondering if its possible to make two separate parts out of the same bar one after the other, switching from one program to the other automatically/within the program. The reason I am thinking about trying this is because the two different parts need a unique sequential part number and date of manufacture engraved on them per pair of parts. It's compulsory that the parts are made out of the same batch of material

Usually there isn't a machine available for a long enough period of time to make one of the parts individually at the same time, so by making the two different parts at the same time, I'm hoping to reduce the time pressure I have to have completed pair of parts if I only have the one machine spare when the job comes up.

It's a fine margin at times when the boss tell me to put these particular jobs on as I currently have to run 50 of the one part, reset the count, and then make the other 50 parts etc to keep on top of the 'pairs'. If I scrap any of the first part I can run out of material for the second part and then not have the full quantity of 'pairs'. My boss is an arse who always replies with 'I don't care about your excuses, I only care about the figures' if I run out of material, cock up the count, or the 'pair count' is too little when the customer calls for a part delivery. this way I'm hoping it will be easier to manage and have a steady flow of pairs and get my boss off my case.

The two jobs can be tool set for each part and picked up with the same sub spindle collet size, I just don't know how to flit between them. I have the engraving macros for date and part count. I'm hoping to do this on a 32i fanuc control on a star SR32J.

If its possible, if someone could provide a template/instructions on how to go about this I would be very grateful.

thank you.