Traub screw machine retro fitted to NC Opinions needed.

Thread: Traub screw machine retro fitted to NC Opinions needed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Traub screw machine retro fitted to NC Opinions needed.

I just bought this Traub screw machine retro fitted in 1982 to NC. My plan was to strip parts I could use & then scrap it.But the more I look at it, the more I'd like to bring it back to life. It has a General Numeric/Fanuc GN-3 control panel. My search for info has been like an internet scavenger hunt. I did not get any power supply's/ drivers with it. I have zero CNC experience. So it's a tough search when I have no idea what I'm looking for. I may be better off starting over with a more modern system. The spindle motor and servo's are DC.
    I will try to post some pics & hope for opinions.
    Thank you, Brad

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Traub screw machine retro fitted to NC    Opinions needed.-traub-screw-machine-1-002-medium-jpg   Traub screw machine retro fitted to NC    Opinions needed.-traub-screw-machine-1-004-medium-jpg   Traub screw machine retro fitted to NC    Opinions needed.-traub-screw-machine-1-005-medium-jpg   Traub screw machine retro fitted to NC    Opinions needed.-traub-screw-machine-1-012-medium-jpg  

Traub screw machine retro fitted to NC    Opinions needed.-traub-screw-machine-1-008-medium-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Traub screw machine retro fitted to NC Opinions needed.

BTW: There is NO rust on the machine. The whole thing is heavily slathered in Cosmoline. Which kind of makes me think the last user thought it was worth preserving.