Why surfcam doesn't have UNDO feature?

Thread: Why surfcam doesn't have UNDO feature?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Why surfcam doesn't have UNDO feature?

Surfcam users are the best!, do it right 100% so they don't put in UNDO feature.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think you're right...I never make mistakes!!

Downloads
    Uploads

yes it does have undo, look at it again.... the only one don't has undo is surface.

The best way to learn is trial error.

Downloads
    Uploads

“yes it does have undo, look at it again.... the only one don't has undo is surface.”

Tell me you’re kidding newtexas2006. Surfcam is missing too many basic features that even Bobcrap and programs costing 1/10 have. Of course it has more to offer, but if they don’t start getting their asses in gear and start putting out a product that people care about they won’t have anymore customers who care.

Downloads
    Uploads

some features have an undo function, some don't.

one tip I've found is if whatever you do doesn't have an undo function, sometimes you can open the delete function, undelete last, and delete what was messed up in the first place. Doesn't always work but its saved me a couple times.

and remember, surfcam is more cam than cad, so sometimes you want to use an outside cad program and import into surfcam.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been harping on this one for years. I think there should be a global undo/redo that goes back to the beginning of the session Like Surfcam Solids had.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been harping on this one for years. I think there should be a global undo/redo that goes back to the beginning of the session Like Surfcam Solids had.
    Well, if you haven't saved, just re-open the file without saving. Or always work on a copy of the file.

and remember, surfcam is more cam than cad, so sometimes you want to use an outside cad program and import into surfcam.
    Yes. I have gotten used to doing everything that concerns geometry creation or modification outside of Surfcam, so I rarely need an undo. Mostly I use Delete and there is an undo for that... However...

One place Surfcam REALLY needs an undo is in the toolpath editing department. If you are making a series of edits to one toolpath, and you make a mistake at one point (awfully easy to do as the editor is so bad), you are pretty much obliged to quit the editor without saving and start over. Very annoying. --ch

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chmillman View Post
    One place Surfcam REALLY needs an undo is in the toolpath editing department. If you are making a series of edits to one toolpath, and you make a mistake at one point (awfully easy to do as the editor is so bad), you are pretty much obliged to quit the editor without saving and start over. Very annoying. --ch
    I personally haven't tackled that monster yet, played around with it a bit and it really didn't look like a fun tool to use

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

most of us get burned by this, ive learned to save often when im confident, save under a new name -ex. part1, part2, when im unsure, and when undo isnt there and it was messed up, just go to file-and grab the last good saved part. Photoshop is a fun program thats kind of similar.

Downloads
    Uploads

The no undo under the join command is the one that kills me. I know...save and reopen, but if I have imported an iges file and I want to join the million splines that make up a curve, its a pain to keep saving and reopening every time I miss a line. Yes, I know that there are work arounds, but undo would be nice here!

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Any SoCal surfcam users?

Just wondering if there are any users local to me, im in Downey CA. 90242

Thanks

Bill

Bill Griffin
    grifftek@grifftek.com
    www.grifftek.com/grifftek

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default It Does

Surfcam does have some what of a undo button. If you do something and you don't like the results then most of the time you can go delete that like or surface and then hit "UNDELETE LAST" hit is once and the one you don't want will come back hit it again sometimes two or three times then go in and erase the result you didn't want and most the time the original will be there under it. Let me know if it worked for you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The software costs you more, but it makes you work harder not help you do the work.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For Mi Is Extrange ,that Surfcam Dont Put An Undo Buttom

Downloads
    Uploads

ok i looked into SurfCAM to program the 5-axis we will be purchasing and having read this post i don't think i will. I wasn't impressed with their website at all anyway, was cold and un-informing, some of the links didn't work and i couldn't find a local supplier in NZ to talk to since the supplier locater wasn't working either. Way too sell a product surfCAM!

I work for the ANZ Autodesk CAM Master Reseller, selling & supporting HSMWorks, Inventor HSM & CAM for Fusion 360. Shapeoko 2 owner

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess i'm not the only one that gets pissed at this also.
    i've always made a habit of saving after a couple steps, just incase i messed up.

save, click, click, #$%^, reopen, click, click, save, click, click, #$%^!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok ,the habit of saving acouple steps is a god idea.