Opening DXF/DWG from Windows

Thread: Opening DXF/DWG from Windows

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Opening DXF/DWG from Windows

New here and have NO SurfCam experience. I am a SolidWorks user for our CAD files and we are implementing a PDM system and running into a slight issue.
    It seems like there is a different procedure that SurfCam uses when opening dxf/dwg through SurfCam itself vs double clicking from Windows Explorer.
    Is there any way to default SurfCam to open dxf/dwg with the AutoCad Conversion import tool that comes up when I go through SurfCam itself?

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Opening DXF/DWG from Windows

If the AutoCad Conversion import tool has an .exe extension, you might be able to 'right click' on a DXF/DWG and 'Open With'
    select the AutoCad Conversion import tool, and always open with this program.
    Just a thought.
    Larry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Opening DXF/DWG from Windows

I gave that a shot but it doesn't seem to do anything. They have an application called "GetSettings" that brings up the conversion dialog box. But I'm guessing when you open through File>Open in the background SurfCam is linking the dwg/dxf and the dwg2scrpt.dll with the settings you put in the GetSettings app to actually convert it over.