Newbie Working with solids

Thread: Working with solids

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Working with solids

Does anyone use Surfcam V5.2 (or other version) with solids to do 2 axis milling?

I've been using Spaceclaim to make solids and I'd like to export to something, then import to surfcam, but all I'm getting is wire frames and selecting pockets or contours is difficult.

I'm thinking that having the depths to choose from might be quicker with the solid.

Any input welcome.

Thanks
    Nick

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Working with solids

What file format are you using to import? Every version I've used, including 5.2, up to V6 does not use solids, only wire frame and surfaces. If you use XT parasolids, for example, to import you will get your surfaces by default on level 223 and wire frame on level 224. You should be able to chain select the wire frame to define the bottom or top of the pocket. Been doing it that way for 20 years now, no big deal.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Working with solids

Traditional Surfcam which is what you have really holds you back at the version you have, the current stuff works well in shaded / wire frame mode but you still pick profiles. the biggest deal when using it(current ver) that way is to set the geometry to top of bottom accordingly. by the way hi moldcore its been a long while.