Need Help! Using widescreen monitor round holes look oval , surf 2003

Thread: Using widescreen monitor round holes look oval , surf 2003

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Using widescreen monitor round holes look oval , surf 2003

i recently put a widescreen monitor on my comp. now my surfcam 2003 drawings make round holes look oval.
    ive tried changing resolution but it appears to be an aspect ratio problem. anyone help me with this?
    thank you

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Using widescreen monitor round holes look oval , surf 2003

Ours used to be that way when we was running V6. I think it went away when we upgraded to 2014 but I'm not sure. It may have went away when we finally started getting dedicated graphics cards. Are you running integrated graphics?

Downloads
    Uploads

Figured out a way to do it in Surfcam. I went into Surfcam and clicked tools, then options, then display, then click on system. Changed the numbers in width and height. I set width to 1.6, and height to .9.
    this made it match my screen resolution size of 1600 x 900. Thank you for response.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ppm620 View Post
    Figured out a way to do it in Surfcam. I went into Surfcam and clicked tools, then options, then display, then click on system. Changed the numbers in width and height. I set width to 1.6, and height to .9.
    this made it match my screen resolution size of 1600 x 900. Thank you for response.
    Using the values of 1.6 and .9 will cause your scale factor to not be accurate.

SURFCAM tries to automatically detect your screen size here is how to test and confirm.

Create a 6" circle in Top View
    Zoom Fit, set scale factor to 1
    Measure the circle on the screen
    - If it looks round and measures 6" SURFCAM properly detected your screen size.
    - If it looks like an egg or oval, measure the Width and Height of your monitor screen (my 19" monitor measure 16.25" x 10.25")
    In SURFCAM, click Tools, Options, Display, System and check the box for "Enter Width/Height" and enter your values.

Darin Weatherbee
    CAMCAD Technologies, Inc.
    CAMCAD Technologies | Innovative Solutions for Complex Problems