Need Help! lead in/ lead out overlap

Thread: lead in/ lead out overlap

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default lead in/ lead out overlap

I am having a problem with the lead in/ lead out. I have SurfCamV6 and there is no lead in/out, I came from MasterCam so this seems standard but I guess not.
    I am getting a line where the tool feeds on and off the part, on the outside of the part I am able to fix it buy leading on and off with a straight line at 0' but on the inside I cant do that. I have changed the angle on the arc from the standard 90' to about 10' depending on the size of the hole or bore.
    Any ideas of how to get rid of the line on the part?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: lead in/ lead out overlap

Are you saying that V6 doesn't have a lead-in/lead-out option? lead in/ lead out overlap-leadinleadout-jpg

If you're getting vertical line where your end mill starts and stops try a slower feed rate or make multiple finish passes.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

mastercam rocks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Billetgrip View Post
    Are you saying that V6 doesn't have a lead-in/lead-out option? lead in/ lead out overlap-leadinleadout-jpg

If you're getting vertical line where your end mill starts and stops try a slower feed rate or make multiple finish passes.
    Agree, lead-in/lead-out has always been in Surfcam. We had a Fidal VMC that was terrible at leaving marks were it ended but our current machines don't with lead-out moves set to none. So we rarely use them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Surf Cam has a lead in/out but it has no overlap, so I am still getting a vertical line on my part

Downloads
    Uploads

My earlier screenshot was from Surfcam 2014 where I guess they added the overlap option. I've actually never noticed it til this post.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by WiggZero9 View Post
    Surf Cam has a lead in/out but it has no overlap, so I am still getting a vertical line on my part
    FYI Lead in/out overlap is one of the new features added in Surfcam 2014 R1.
    A tip for you: extend your profile until it overlaps your desired length, ( maybe 2 mm, or .080"), then in the 2 Axis Options windows change the Gouge Check from "Full" to "Single"; this way you can achieve the overlap you wish.

Mario

Downloads
    Uploads

If you select "line on all" or "line at final" with 0 degree angle and say 0.2- 1 time radius in length,
    you will get a smooth tangential cut. And you dont have to fiddle with the profile.
    I dont like to fiddle the profiles, expecially when working on a solid.

Downloads
    Uploads

the problem with overlap is it does not work when you also want a arc lead in lead out, it looses the lead out move

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by camaru View Post
    the problem with overlap is it does not work when you also want a arc lead in lead out, it looses the lead out move
    [SIZE=3]To begin with, if you're working with versión 6 or bellow, you may use the trick described at my previous post.
    Now if you're working with either version 2014 R1 or R2, after you choose your profile and set your tool info, under the Cut Control Tab, set your desired overlap and also check the leadin/out check box, set it to either "Arc on Final /Arc on All" per your desire, and be sure to check the "Same LeadOut" check box; in this way you'll get both LeadIn and LeadOut moves.
    Mario
    [/SIZE]

Last edited by mariojl; 02-04-2015 at 06:17 AM. Reason: correct spelling