Need Help! 5 Axis Simple Part is Killing ME!

Thread: 5 Axis Simple Part is Killing ME!

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation 5 Axis Simple Part is Killing ME!

This simple part is absolutely Killing Me . The MachLowerLeg.sldasm is just driving me nuts. While I have done some 5 Axis stuff with Surfcam before, for some reason I am not having any luck getting a successfull tool path on this one.

Even when I get something that looks close and test it, it ends up with major gouges when it gets to the under of the ledge.

I am using version 4.189 and Any Help is Much Appreciated!!!!!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Motion Master 5 Axis Router.......Fagor 8055/C.......Surfcam Velocity 4.0 B189

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update your software. The latest version of SURFCAM has the 5 Axis Toolpath Engine from ModuleWorks. You have infinte control over the toolpaths and 4 levels of gouge avoidance. However, I added a V4.0 B255 toolpath for you.

Last edited by dynacam; 10-23-2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Add file to upload

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank You very much Dynacam!!!! Now I am just trying to back track to see how you did it. I was a little off we are actually running B248, but will install B255, so we can see how you did it in the manner that you did.

Motion Master 5 Axis Router.......Fagor 8055/C.......Surfcam Velocity 4.0 B189

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I used 5 Axis Trim. I've attached a color coded file this time. Chain the Green profile along the top of the radius from the green point to the red point. When it asks you for direction lines or vectors, choose the red lines. When it asks you which side just click somewher in the middle. Good Luck.

Regards,
    David Carpenter