Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?

  1. #1
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?

    Hi,
    Thanks for welcome message CNC Master. unable to reply to you it tells me, so posting here.
    My hope in joining CNC zone is to see here at CNC zone a NAMED forum section PURELY for SpaceClaim,
    It currently is forum-less and no CAD prog should be without a forum,
    I see a thread that seems to exist within such a section but cannot actually see the section, its in the address but backtracking out of the thread doesnt find the spaceClaim section.
    If there is already a section for SpaceClaim , then apologies for suggesting it, but where is it ?
    I look for a section with posts and replies just about space claim and don't see such.
    ANSYS have withdrawn the forum and as a new user I am very angry about this and very unsettled now about buying SpaceClaim as I know how crucial to problem solving and working in CAD a forum is. Else if CAD isnt necessary all forums including CNCzone may as well not exist.
    As this well-praised prog grows , users need a home to use for all the things that forums bring.

    HOW DO WE CREATE THE NAMED SECTION/NEW HOME FOR SPACE CLAIM USERS HERE ?

    Steve

    Similar Threads:


  2. #2
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?

    I don't have an answer, but would like to chime in and say I too use Space Claim and agree it would be nice to have a forum. Maybe if there are questions and answers here they would create it and transfer it?



  3. #3
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?

    Hi, we need a forum somewhere so yes if enough comms occur here,
    Lets start by me asking, as I use Rhino3D and gather SpaceClaim does better some known failings of Rhino, Booleans for one, and has more of a parametric way, whilst Rhino has just History, what made you choose SpaceClaim and what progs did or do you still use ?
    Who provides your tech support ?
    Do you find the support suitable for your needs and when you need it ?
    What of training, Rhino was intuitive. I dont see much on the internet compared to folk doing tutorials in Rhino or Solidworks
    Do you take SpaceClaims output into another prog, one route I need to take it is into 3dsmax, also Inventor.
    I am trying to engineer time to trial it, so once I get into it all sorts of questions will flow. I have a massive list of things Rhino has caused problems with, some get solved, some still drive me nuts that I am interested to test with SpaceClaim.

    What questions have you for fellow SpaceClaim users ?

    Steve006

    Quote Originally Posted by nick02895 View Post
    I don't have an answer, but would like to chime in and say I too use Space Claim and agree it would be nice to have a forum. Maybe if there are questions and answers here they would create it and transfer it?




  4. #4
    Registered freddagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Gisborne
    Posts
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?

    Agree. Have used SpaceClaim a lot. It is good in many respects but fails epically in some simple things - most can be worked around. Would be happy to contribute should such a forum topic exist.



  5. #5
    Registered freddagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Gisborne
    Posts
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?

    There is / was a forum here https://en.industryarena.com/forum/spaceclaim--400 but it would seem perhaps that it has died. Perhaps it would be better under the cnczone?



  6. #6
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?

    Oh yes, that was looking promising.
    What does it take to get the ball rolling and keep it rolling ?
    people seem happy with SC, some stop paying subs, that denies tech support, so a forum is even more use to them , and those still subbing surely wish to discuss SC with fellow users, maybe the tech support is so good they dont need a forum, but forums are more than just getting help, its good to talk, to see others issues and gain ideas and so forth, CAD users have forums. SC is no different.

    Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    There is / was a forum here https://en.industryarena.com/forum/spaceclaim--400 but it would seem perhaps that it has died. Perhaps it would be better under the cnczone?
    Steve006



  7. #7
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?

    It would be nice to have a forum for SC. I have questions about it and really need to point our SC operator to it.



  8. #8
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?

    Calling the CNC Zone moderator website person .....Could the CNC zone forum creator or moderator get this SpaceClaim section operational or let us know we are flogging a dead horse, no use waiting for SpaceClaim to create one as they closed it down, so as to have users pay money for 1:1 support, but forums are not 'guard talks to inmate in cell', one needs to see beyond the cell door !...else we may as well nuke all forums.

    I think here is our best chance of breaking free of this impass and getting SpaceClaim users together in their first forum. They are no different to other CAD users, except they dont have a forum !

    Steve006



  9. #9
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fourtec View Post
    It would be nice to have a forum for SC. I have questions about it and really need to point our SC operator to it.
    What questions do you have? I've been using SC for a few years part time. If I can't help someone else may.

    Cheers
    Nick



  10. #10
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?

    Hi,
    No doubt Fourtec has some actual examples issues whatever to post, I though have held back partly through lack of forum which I do find a massive turn off, and partly lack of funds, the annual support fee let alone the cost of acquisition, is a struggle for me, once I get the prog then work might start flowing and I can pay for it then make money beyond that, else there is no advantage. I needed it to be compatible with 3DStudio max and Inventor for one workflow/client/job source.
    I come across so many hurdles/impasses with Rhino3D, yet a demo of SC did the boolean Rhino was failing at, in a click. Rhino is too fastidious falling over on joins that are of crazy minuteness considering the tolerance the task needs of 1mm, and the finest I can set it to is 0.01mm, ad I can spend hours fixing such gaps to get it watertight for milling etc. I have to inset surface by 2mm for many jobs and get crazy naked points, not even edges from what were nice surfaces or tricky ones given the shape I had to make. Rhino hates convergent surfaces, so I fail to cut using a solid that merges tangential into another, any flush looking intersections are bad news for boolean difference.

    All in all, is SC the saviour for Rhino users who do pull their hair out from time to time ? Can the files produced be taken back and forth between Rhino and SC ? Does a user find they can leave Rhino behind ? What can and cannot SC do ? I like to hear such things from users rather than be told from those who are biased such as sellers etc.
    I place a lot of images into Rhino and onto layers and position them then work over them, make them e.g. 60% transparent. I have a need to distort images to correct any effects of perspective, can SC do all that ?
    I still think that the curve drawing tool I used in Freehand was great, I could go back to the points i clicked to make the curve and alter the 'handles', yet in Rhino thats impossible, such points placed at the important places are gone. I need to be able to export my work as 2D into photoshop, with Freehand I used eps, the image opened into Photoshop size for size, so if a box 10mm x 10mm, it opened 10mm x 10mm in pshop. Rhino has no eps export, its ai option has big issues. Can SC export into Pshop as 2D and as eps ?
    All in all, how does a Rhino user find SpaceClaim ? I hope someone can answer this here, maybe you nick02895, I would be interested to know why you chose SC and how you find it.

    Just a few questions that immediately spring to mind.

    Steve006



  11. #11
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve006 View Post
    Hi,
    No doubt Fourtec has some actual examples issues whatever to post, I though have held back partly through lack of forum which I do find a massive turn off, and partly lack of funds, the annual support fee let alone the cost of acquisition, is a struggle for me, once I get the prog then work might start flowing and I can pay for it then make money beyond that, else there is no advantage. I needed it to be compatible with 3DStudio max and Inventor for one workflow/client/job source.
    I come across so many hurdles/impasses with Rhino3D, yet a demo of SC did the boolean Rhino was failing at, in a click. Rhino is too fastidious falling over on joins that are of crazy minuteness considering the tolerance the task needs of 1mm, and the finest I can set it to is 0.01mm, ad I can spend hours fixing such gaps to get it watertight for milling etc. I have to inset surface by 2mm for many jobs and get crazy naked points, not even edges from what were nice surfaces or tricky ones given the shape I had to make. Rhino hates convergent surfaces, so I fail to cut using a solid that merges tangential into another, any flush looking intersections are bad news for boolean difference.

    All in all, is SC the saviour for Rhino users who do pull their hair out from time to time ? Can the files produced be taken back and forth between Rhino and SC ? Does a user find they can leave Rhino behind ? What can and cannot SC do ? I like to hear such things from users rather than be told from those who are biased such as sellers etc.
    I place a lot of images into Rhino and onto layers and position them then work over them, make them e.g. 60% transparent. I have a need to distort images to correct any effects of perspective, can SC do all that ?
    I still think that the curve drawing tool I used in Freehand was great, I could go back to the points i clicked to make the curve and alter the 'handles', yet in Rhino thats impossible, such points placed at the important places are gone. I need to be able to export my work as 2D into photoshop, with Freehand I used eps, the image opened into Photoshop size for size, so if a box 10mm x 10mm, it opened 10mm x 10mm in pshop. Rhino has no eps export, its ai option has big issues. Can SC export into Pshop as 2D and as eps ?
    All in all, how does a Rhino user find SpaceClaim ? I hope someone can answer this here, maybe you nick02895, I would be interested to know why you chose SC and how you find it.

    Just a few questions that immediately spring to mind.

    Steve006
    I chose SC because it was a free option for me. My company has a network license and also allows me to use a home version.

    I can't help you with your Rhino questions. I may be able to see how the translators/exports work.

    If you'd like and can send me some sample files, I can try to translate/export them to program you'd want to use and see how they work. Bear in mind, I'm not sure what extras my company is paying for, some exports may incur an added cost.

    SC over AutoCAD, SC is so much faster for drafting. I never used AutoCAD's 3d application, but I can't imagine it would work as well as I've found SC to work.

    How much would you be willing to pay for a SC license? PM me and I may be able to help you with that.

    Nick



  12. #12
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?

    Quote Originally Posted by nick02895 View Post
    What questions do you have? I've been using SC for a few years part time. If I can't help someone else may.

    Cheers
    Nick
    The salesperson sold them a bill of goods. I came onboard after the purchase and we having been fighting with this program for a while.
    SC doesn't seem produce proper dxf files that Autocad can read although they can be read as wire frame models in CAM programs this could be a matter of the SC operator saving the file incorrectly.
    The salesperson convinced them that it can go from drawing to gcode without being post processed by MC for example.They claimed they could draw in SC and send directly to a machine.

    I really don't care about SC, I want to scrap it,get Solidworks and get the latest Master Cam and be done with it.



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?
Request for a named Space Claim section here in CAD software ?