3dprintforums logo

CNCzone Network:  RFQwork :: 3Dprintforums :: Welderzone :: Google+ :: Our Facebook :: Twitter :: SiteMap



Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Leadshine 57HS30-60 Stepping motor connection

  1. #1
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Leadshine 57HS30-60 Stepping motor connection

    I have a question regarding Leadshine 57HS30-60 stepping motor wires. I will use bipolar parallel connection for this motor but I don't have any information on wiring and also no information on Leadshine's website. I have black, green, red, blue, white+black, white+green white+red and white+blue wires.

    Thank you....

    Similar Threads:


  2. #2
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    No answer from Leadshine

    It is strange that Leadshine's Technical department has not sent a reply since last week. Since I am about to reach end of my project I must have the connection motors and I do not want to make mistake ann burn all the things.

    Quote Originally Posted by dodge ram 2500 View Post
    I have a question regarding Leadshine 57HS30-60 stepping motor wires. I will use bipolar parallel connection for this motor but I don't have any information on wiring and also no information on Leadshine's website. I have black, green, red, blue, white+black, white+green white+red and white+blue wires.

    Thank you....


    Last edited by dodge ram 2500; 02-20-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Title editing


  3. #3
    Registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    65
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge ram 2500 View Post
    I have black, green, red, blue, white+black, white+green white+red and white+blue wires.
    This seems to indicate that the monochrom wires match with the white+color wire. Should be also simple to verify with an ohm meter as the should show connection.
    As a result you have the individual coils.

    Now you could start with a random pair of coils and connect to the driver.
    The other pair should be isolated to not cause trouble.
    So the first two coils are connected and start testing with low current.
    It seems unlikely to fry something this way.
    In worst case you have the coils from the same phase. That should just cause buzzing instead of turning the motors.
    If it turns you are lucky and have identified two seperate phases.
    If not, the two tested coils are the same phase and you are almost done.
    Label both coils pahse A and the isolated ones are phase B.
    You could then skip the next step.

    When the tested coils were seperate phase coils you mark one coil as A and one as B.
    Remove the B coil and isolating it and switch it with one of the previously isolated ones. Test again wether you got a A or B coil
    Repeat it until you know the A/B phase coils.

    Assuming the color coding should make sense it's likely the solid color wires and the white+color mark the coil orientation and they are all the same.
    Once you have both phases identified connect both A and both B coils.
    Just connect the mono colored wire of one phase coil with the white+color of the seconds coil. Same for the other coil end. The coils should be wired with one of the coils inverted in each phase for parallel connection.

    Test again to see if it works ...

    happy testing ... Peter



  4. #4
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Problem solved

    Dear dilbert0815,
    Thank you very much for your very detailed procedure for finding correct wiring but Leadshine has sent a reply to me. They say ;
    A+ ( BLU/WHT + RED/WHT)
    A - ( BLU + RED)
    B+ ( GRN/WHT + BLK/WHT)
    B- ( GRN + BLK)

    If you want to change the rotating derection, just exchange A+ and A-.
    .




    Quote Originally Posted by dilbert0815 View Post
    This seems to indicate that the monochrom wires match with the white+color wire. Should be also simple to verify with an ohm meter as the should show connection.
    As a result you have the individual coils.

    Now you could start with a random pair of coils and connect to the driver.
    The other pair should be isolated to not cause trouble.
    So the first two coils are connected and start testing with low current.
    It seems unlikely to fry something this way.
    In worst case you have the coils from the same phase. That should just cause buzzing instead of turning the motors.
    If it turns you are lucky and have identified two seperate phases.
    If not, the two tested coils are the same phase and you are almost done.
    Label both coils pahse A and the isolated ones are phase B.
    You could then skip the next step.

    When the tested coils were seperate phase coils you mark one coil as A and one as B.
    Remove the B coil and isolating it and switch it with one of the previously isolated ones. Test again wether you got a A or B coil
    Repeat it until you know the A/B phase coils.

    Assuming the color coding should make sense it's likely the solid color wires and the white+color mark the coil orientation and they are all the same.
    Once you have both phases identified connect both A and both B coils.
    Just connect the mono colored wire of one phase coil with the white+color of the seconds coil. Same for the other coil end. The coils should be wired with one of the coils inverted in each phase for parallel connection.

    Test again to see if it works ...

    happy testing ... Peter




  5. #5
    Registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    65
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge ram 2500 View Post
    They say ;
    A+ ( BLU/WHT + RED/WHT)
    A - ( BLU + RED)
    B+ ( GRN/WHT + BLK/WHT)
    B- ( GRN + BLK)
    Quite unusual indeed.

    8 wire motors are intended for unipolar drive.
    In that case one of each phase coils is wired reverse as the current direction can not change like in a bipolar setting.
    Would be quite unusual to label the wires as they did.

    I would suggest being carefull even while the information came from the vendor.
    In case you get low torque problems you might have to cross one of the coils per phase contrary to their information.

    Peter



Posting Permissions



About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum from DIY CNC Machines to the Cad/Cam software to run them. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on

Facebook Dribbble RSS Feed