eBay TB6560 Stepper Motor Driver Boards - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: eBay TB6560 Stepper Motor Driver Boards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink Stepper controller

Morning Andy, 1) If the fan does not come on then the board may be faulty.
    2) Try turning the stepper motors by hand when switched on, it should be hard to turn, if it is easy then no power is getting to the motors from the controller.
    3) Do not use laptops, Mach 3 often will not work, try a pc.
    40 The motors should also get quite hot.
    Hope this helps, Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default tb6560

thanks mike. sorry i miss typed. what i meant to say is: the power supply in the kit comes with more amps to support the fan as well as the motors.so if someone is buying the parts separately make sure your power supply has plenty of amps. the kit has never gave me any trouble.
    thiers is no doubt in my mind that gecko drives are better. 90% of the time you get what you pay for. but for the money (i got a 4 axis 354oz system,power supply,and motors for less than 300 bucks)
    also the mach 3 that comes with the kit isnt a good one/to old or something. down load a copy of mach from the web site.
    i went for cheaper and now i have a machine i can build a better machine with.

Downloads
    Uploads

I purchased a 4 axis board from ebay, set it up and run it. It made hissing and other strange noises, it just did not sound right... Back to using my old TA8345 board.

Cheers Wayne

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wayneb View Post
    I purchased a 4 axis board from ebay, set it up and run it. It made hissing and other strange noises, it just did not sound right... Back to using my old TA8345 board.

Cheers Wayne
    It may be a poor connection or bad solder-joint, check the board and connections carefully.

If you are uncomfortable with soldering, you can send it to me and I'll go over it for free as long as you cover shipping.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vdoug View Post
    i have one of the tb6560 4 axis boards. i bought the kit with motors and power supply. i think it has more amps than the motors call for. the fan needs some. power set at 24 v.havent had any problem with the system. well the spindle relay went out on me . think i gave 269 for the kit. doing the cheap thing, built the whole machine for around 650bucks YouTube - d9electro1.
    I replace the relay with 10A/250VAC (35A/14VDC) rated versions as a matter of principal to avoid relay problems because the relays from china 5A/250VAC (20A/14VDC) are over-rated.

Here's the spindle I went with
    http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...Waircooled.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by dwalsh62 View Post
    It may be a poor connection or bad solder-joint, check the board and connections carefully.

If you are uncomfortable with soldering, you can send it to me and I'll go over it for free as long as you cover shipping.
    Thanks but, board was all good, connections all good, adjusted step setting, still no good.

Cheers Wayne

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks but, board was all good, connections all good, adjusted step setting, still no good.

Cheers Wayne
    What is making noise exactly?

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, the stepper motors were making the noises. It sound like the drivers were trying to drive the motor in both directs at the same time. Movement was not smooth like the TA8345 board. Caused the hole machine to resonate.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, the stepper motors were making the noises. It sound like the drivers were trying to drive the motor in both directs at the same time. Movement was not smooth like the TA8345 board. Caused the hole machine to resonate.
    It sounds like it's not configured properly.

Does this one have 4 switches per axis or 2 switches per axis?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 4axis setup?

AAAAAAARRRRGH!!!!

erm...ok, im better now...venting...

ok, so firstly, back then...i got the 3 axis 6560 with nema 17, 12v power supply. nice.

followed its screenshots n manual n stuff, and ten minutes, had it running.

in hindsight, the manual was very clear...

so, noooo... i need 4 axis with nema 23's...

to ebay again! got it! and wow! it was here in two days...saturday and sunday!

unfortunately, setting this one up has not been quite so easy...

manual? what manual? its got 7 on the disc, two relate to the actual 4 axis driver board, and the pinouts in one is incomplete anyways, and neither works. the other manuals are for hand controllers etc... and its version of mach3 wont decompress or something...

screenshots...meh, what screenshots?

so, um...after exhaustive reading and getting more and more peeved...

: can someone who has a 4 axis board working post some of their OWN screenshots in here? for the general good, of course? :

though, i shall state here...i thought of a way out today...

3 axis is my main board, is fine with 24volts. i get a single axis board later down the track and theres my fourth axis.... tada! so it waaaas worth getting this 4axis kit for the motors n powersupply just a shame not to use the board....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the 3-axis version of this board. When it arrived, it seemed to work fine with Mach3 through the parallel port, nema23 and 24vdc in. Then, one channel died. Nothing hot, no smoke... just died. While troubleshooting, I noticed the build quality is not good. Also noticed at least one pin of the manual interface is wrong. Ground is defined as pin 14 but is actually pin 10. I think our Chinese friends got the DB-15 connector pin assignments wrong. Pins 1-8 seem to be right while pins 9-15 are possibly reversed. Can anyone verify this for me?

Does anyone have an actual schematic for this board?

Thanks, Rich

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi:
    I am looking at getting into cnc for hobbies (foam cutter, small router,etc.). I was looking to buy one of these boards. I was going to buy a 5 axis board so that I could use the other channels as I advance or as they fail. I don't know how to start! I have looked for books and cannot find any that are not for very advanced people. I have contacted other vendors and cannot even get them to tell me the difference between their chopper board(what ever that is) and their driver board! Some have break out boards etc. and will not waist there time answering questions about what they are selling. The board I was looking at said 1.5 amps to 3 amps, or I could get a .5 amp to 2.5 amps. Some people mention per phase so I have no idea what I am looking for. I have been unable to get answers as to what happens if you buy a board that has a low end of 1.5 amps and you buy 1.3 amp steppers. Some driver boards are for 12 volts and the steppers are for only 5 volts. Can anyone point me in the correct direction and possible answer a few of the questions I have asked? What would be a good starter board, steppers,etc. to look at for a beginner? I don't want to waist money buying boards and steppers that are going to be worthless for the projects I have in mind. Does any one know of a book on building routers or foam cutters that is not for a rocket scientist that will take forever to read and I will never understand!
    I have been and will continue to try to find answers for my questions as I have always wanted to build models using cnc!
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
    Thanks in advance.
    Don

Last edited by amtpdb; 12-18-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: missed a word

Downloads
    Uploads

ill share what ive learnt so far...

get a gecko

yes, they are expensive, definitely worth it though. upgrades, spares, service, warranty....

ok, but to the 6560's.

firstly i got a 3axis with nema17 and PS... nice worked straight up, with some fiddling with mach3 settings.

then i got a 4 axis nema 23... still havent gotten it to work. so im using the 3 axis board with the nema 23's. seems to work, except... cant get 1/16 steps. 1/8 is the lowest, then the setting for 1/16 reverts to 1/2 or so.

nema 23 is probably the best choice of motor size. application specific.

for the steppers and power supply, the 6560 kits may be the way to go...

but for a driver with glitch free operation with a definite step of 1/10? gecko... and the manual explains everything! even the pinouts are on the front panel! and its tiny! oh, and the power supply can be pretty rough and basic...ie KISS. screw switchmode!

like yourself, i want to make models etc via cnc. auto feed on the mill, etc. already done things in ten twenty mins that may have taken me two days before with manual feeeding... so it is worth it. still waiting to set the geck up though then calibrate

regards steppers and phases. most are two phase...or two sets of seperate windings. hence four wires. then sometimes the coils have centre taps. this gives six wires. still a two phase though. then theres four coils, with eight wires, wired either as series(hi speed) or parralell(hi torque) but still a two phase setup.

then theres five phase or summink and i know nothing!

the current rating is per phase.

from all ive read and experienced...the 6560 board is worth jack^%&.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Headsmess:
    Thanks for your response to my questions.

Don

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all newbie post here.

Looking at buying one of the ebay TB6560 kits but already have some stepper motors (spec 24v 0.34A per phase 1.8deg step 2 phase 125Oz-in) which I would like to use. Now i know that there are 2 current versions of the blue board 0.5A-2.5A & 1.5A-3A per phase. I plan on using a pre owned 24v 10 power supply to run the board and steppers.

My question is.

Even though my steppers are rated under the specified current of the controller board they should still function without damage because the power supply and motors is both 24v and the motors will only draw 0.34A. From my understanding current limiting is a must when people wish to run 6v steppers from a 24~30 volt power supply.
    If this is correct i would be able to purchase either the TB6560 0.5-2.5A or 1.5-3A controller without any problems.

also what sort of performance should i expect from this motor running it at it's specified voltage I believe that people run motors over voltage to gain speed and extra torque in your opinion should I ditch the 24v motors and just buy a kit with larger motors with higher current.

I plan on using these for a CNC plasma cutter so massive torque is not required.
    your feedback would be appreciated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question for Mariss Freimanis concerning TB6560 diode:
    I have looked for this soft recovery diode and the only one I can find so far is the UF5401.
    This diode has a Trr of 50nsec and says soft recovery.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have found another diode which I would prefer using, EGP20A by Vishay. This a 2A diode with a Trr=50nsec. The datasheet does not say "soft-recovery";however, the recovery curve looks almost identical to the UF5401.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by WALL-E View Post
    Hi all newbie post here.

Looking at buying one of the ebay TB6560 kits but already have some stepper motors (spec 24v 0.34A per phase 1.8deg step 2 phase 125Oz-in) which I would like to use. Now i know that there are 2 current versions of the blue board 0.5A-2.5A & 1.5A-3A per phase. I plan on using a pre owned 24v 10 power supply to run the board and steppers.

My question is.

Even though my steppers are rated under the specified current of the controller board they should still function without damage because the power supply and motors is both 24v and the motors will only draw 0.34A. From my understanding current limiting is a must when people wish to run 6v steppers from a 24~30 volt power supply.
    If this is correct i would be able to purchase either the TB6560 0.5-2.5A or 1.5-3A controller without any problems.

also what sort of performance should i expect from this motor running it at it's specified voltage I believe that people run motors over voltage to gain speed and extra torque in your opinion should I ditch the 24v motors and just buy a kit with larger motors with higher current.

I plan on using these for a CNC plasma cutter so massive torque is not required.
    your feedback would be appreciated.
    You are probably right, but check the actual winding resistance - 24 v @0.34A = 70ohms. However you are going to be sorely disappointed with that motor. That motor is will have a fairly high phase inductance (probably 30mH or more) so this is going to be a very low stepping rate motor. You might not need much torque (although have you actually calculated it? a plasma head still needs to be accelerated to speed and plasma machines run faster than mechanical cutters so that needs similar torque levels) but that motor is going to give you very little torque at any useful speed. That 125ozin (0.8Nm) stall torque is going to be 1/4 of that at any useful speed - its going to be a very pedestrian machine.

You need to work out how much torque you need and then work from that... what are the spec of your machine?

If you're in Europe why not come and visit the UK CNC Community at http://www.mycncuk.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hoping this thread isn't too dead but I have a few questions of my own...(sounds a bit like a nursery rhyme )

I purchased the mentioned 3 axis driver and I am quite happy with it so far (almost a year still running, $78 bucks, can't go wrong). I have been using 78oz-in NEMA 17 motors on my pcb machine, but now finding they are WAAYY to underpowered for my new aluminum beast..

I was looking at upgrading to the 425oz-in NEMA 23 form John at Keling inc. They are rated 4 volts at 2.8 amps per phase but 8.4volts at 1.4 amps when wired in bipolar series . I understand that the max rated power of 3 amps per phase and 36v is a HUGE exaggeration, but can't understand how the same ebay seller (savebase) is also selling the same driver but with NEMA 34 motors rated at 833oz-in at 2 amps included with the kit. how is this possible????

some insight would be greatly appreciated

3 Axis CNC Kit NEMA34 Stepper Motor Driver 833Oz-in NEW - eBay (item 180601516058 end time Jan-14-11 21:39:51 PST)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the 3 axis and 3.5 amp version of this board which arrived this morning.
    The resistors (current limiting) are light blue and have a resistance of 0.15
    This is different to the 0.22 and 0.33 resistors reported to be on similar boards.

Does anyone good with math know if this means I can reach a full 3.5 amp on this board with the existing .15 resistors?

Also if I wanted to limit the current, is it ok to just swap out the resistors for .33 resistors. ( I have some 0.5 amp 2.5v motors I would like to rum from this board at 12 volts.)

rabbit / ls3040

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast