eBay TB6560 Stepper Motor Driver Boards - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: eBay TB6560 Stepper Motor Driver Boards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Reducing Current on one axis

Hi,

I am new to this forum, can anyone please tell me whether its possible to reduce the amps output on 3 axis TB6560 board to 1.25 amps, just for one axis.
    Thanks in advance.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rajsiman View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this forum, can anyone please tell me whether its possible to reduce the amps output on 3 axis TB6560 board to 1.25 amps, just for one axis.
    Thanks in advance.
    Most of those boards have individual switches for each channel which set for 25, 50, 75 and 100% of the max setting. Depending on the resistors on the board, the max setting seems to be either 1.5 (0.33ohm resistors) or 2.3A (0.22ohm resistors) from what I have seen/read, very few of these boards are set up for 3A as stated in their adverts (nor do they have the heatsinks capable of that current output). Depending on the board that will give you 1.125A (75% of 1.5) or 1.15A (50% of 2.3) as the nearest to 1.25A. You could of course change the resistors on the specific channel to set 1.25A as the 100% value (0.4ohms I think) but that may affect any warranty you thought you had...

ALso if you haven't read the other threads regarding these boards be aware of the maximum voltage of 30v (absolute maximum) and the need to use low inductance motors if you want the board to survive past your first power down! Ignore the vendors specs, they are meaningless.

If you're in Europe why not come and visit the UK CNC Community at http://www.mycncuk.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello guys. I run a small XY on my (3 Axis TB6560 board).

I bought it for 75GBP the driver + power supply+shipping combo. Hooked it up on my steppers and it works like a charm. Not much heat and the motor stays cool.
    The power supply is 12V 5A
    My stepper is only NEMA17 though rated at 0.87A per phase.

Everything is fine except about the documentation.

How did you connect the relay? I do not understand the documentation they wrote. There is a Min,Mout and ground? Why do I have ground?

Another question is.. How do I connect the limit switches? Do they trigger on ground or on vcc?

Aside from not knowing how to connect. I kinda like the board for its design.
    In fact I think it outweighs a Gecko Driver. In terms of price for value.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3 axis TB6560 Controller

Hi Guys,

I found this thread after purchasing the TB6560 controller from ebay and had serious worries after reading all the comments! My router will be for cutting balso and ply parts for RC planes so I'll not need too much power...I hope! I finally took the plunge and wired it up and flicked the power switch with some trepidation....nothing happened apart from it worked! Power supply is a 24V 10A PSU from ebay (all my equipment is from there as I'm working to a tight budget!) I was even sad enough to video it!! [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ9uujaey-0"]YouTube- First run of Stepper motors, 3-axis TB6560 controller and power supply.[/nomedia] I guess the real test will be when it is installed in my maching but that won't be for a while as I'm still designing it...

Neil

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have question to owners. What RPMs are you getting from these boards?
    Please provide some additional info, like PSU voltage, motor size, screw used on machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by evo5422 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm having very similar issues to other when using these chinese boards. I'm get a voltage that locks up my motors but doesn't achieve much else!

I link the itmes that i'm using in the hope that someone can offer me some advice or a manual that they have found useful as the board that i'm using seems different to evryone elses.
    PSU
    http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...s&form=KEYWORD
    Board
    http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...s&form=KEYWORD
    Motors
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....:X:RTQ:AU:1123

I'm starting to think that my power supply is underpowered. Can anyone help?

Cheers.
    This is my very 1st post here so please be gentle .
    I had the very same issues as the motors locked up when connected. Same board for me.
    I thought the parallel pinout was incorrect.
    The software version (Mach3) was the issue.
    I had an older version of Mach 3 but when I installed the newer version 3.042.040 everything seemed fine.
    I think I may have screwed my board though, as I accidentally changed dip switches without shutting power off.
    Anybody have some advice for me regarding the dip switch / dead x axis?
    Do I need to get a new board or can I reset/fix this one.
    Everything else works fine otherwise now.
    Cheers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MadMachines View Post
    I also just got around to hooking up the limit switches to the board.
    Is your board one of these? http://fozztexx.com/CNC/HY-TB3DV-M_3Axis_Driver.pdf

Where did you get the connector for the limit switches?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robohobby View Post
    I finally got round to hooking up my limit switches.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

q

Last edited by sc00ter1748; 09-27-2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: i dupliated the responce

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i purchased several of the driver boards from qualtiy gadgets on ebay (china) & first supply UK & they have all had the 5 pin limit swith connector wire i have some spare if your stuck for one? pm me

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everyone, this is my first post.
    I bought a chinese 3 axis controller a few months ago and could not get it to work on all axis, I noticed that the large X capacitor was very loose. I contacted the supplier and they sent a new one by return. (about 10 days)
    This worked very well using a laptop power supply but used to cut out because of the load on the power supply.
    I then bought a 24V 10a power suuply from the same supplier.
    The combination was good, able to engrave wood etc.
    Suddenly there was flash and everything tripped off.The internal fuse on the power supply had disintegrated.Contacted the supplier had to send off details and photos of the fuse. Replaced in about 10 days.
    I tried out the new power supply and now the controller TB6560 does not work on the x axis! I am in contact with the supplier, watch this space.
    Myfordmike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink 3 axis stepper controller

Quote Originally Posted by FozzTexx View Post

The flat ribbon connector came with the board, but the sockets are commonly used in dvd players. I got mine from an old cd drive off a computer.
    Mike

Last edited by myfordmike; 10-06-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hello. i was wondering if i can connect an old gamepad to the manual interface socket or if there is something else that i can connect

thanks in advance

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by nearxos View Post
    hello. i was wondering if i can connect an old gamepad to the manual interface socket or if there is something else that i can connect

thanks in advance
    I connected 6 limit switches ( 2 for each axis) in parallel so that any one would switch off the controller. I connected the four inputs together. One side of the limit switches was connected to to this input and the other side to the 5th(gnd) input. A ll the limit switches must be connected normally open.
    If one of the switches is triggered your board is switched off and nothing can make it move. To solve this problem I put a push switch in the gnd wire. When this switch is turned off you can then jog the axis away from the limit switch.
    As an emergency stop, connect another switch from the gnd to the inputs.
    If you do not have limit switches you can use bell push switches.
    I am a pensioner and would not recognise a game pad if I tripped over it!
    Cheers, Myfordmike

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by myfordmike View Post
    I connected 6 limit switches ( 2 for each axis) in parallel so that any one would switch off the controller. I connected the four inputs together. One side of the limit switches was connected to to this input and the other side to the 5th(gnd) input. A ll the limit switches must be connected normally open.
    If one of the switches is triggered your board is switched off and nothing can make it move. To solve this problem I put a push switch in the gnd wire. When this switch is turned off you can then jog the axis away from the limit switch.
    As an emergency stop, connect another switch from the gnd to the inputs.
    If you do not have limit switches you can use bell push switches.
    I am a pensioner and would not recognise a game pad if I tripped over it!
    Cheers, Myfordmike
    There seems to be more than one version of this popular board.

I have one and it supports home and limit however someone I know in Canada recently purchased this board from qualtiy gadgets on ebay and it only supports limit and shuts down just like yours when a switch is tripped.

Upon closer examination it seems that these boards are not identical, one has 2 toggle (red) dip switches per channel and the other has 4 toggle (blue) dip switches per channel and both boards are available in 2.5A or 3.5A versions.

If your board does not support home and limit it means your board will shut down if a limit is breached requiring manual interaction to put the machine back in a run state.

I like the home/limit capable board, it allows the board to reverse direction of the breached switch and makes setting up the machine much more easier.

I suggest if anyone is interested in this board you may wish to verify supported features before purchasing it so you know what you are getting.

Also, you might want to consider the 4-axis version of this board (even if you only need 3-axis control) since it appears that both the 2 toggle (red) and 4 toggle (blue) dip switch versions seem to support home and limit (I have one of each purchased over two years ago).

You have to remember, these boards are for general use, made as cheap as possible and sacrifices were made to produce the board quickly and cheaply and wouldn't be anything I would use in an expensive piece of equipment.

Yes I'd use the 3-axis controller in a DIY CNC project but I wouldn't use it in a machine that has any significant value due to the lack of circuit protection.

Despite any claims, I was unable to locate any over voltage protection on these boards so a spike will kill it quickly, fortunately I have filtered power so spikes and brownouts don't occur but over-current can kill a controller channel and thankfully, replacing the IC (easy to do) and your back in business so I recommend you purchase a spare IC for each channel for "just in case", later when they are hard to find you will kick yourself for not being prepared.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

UPDATE:
    I spoke with quality gadgets (ebay) about his 3-axis and 4-axis boards, seems that the original manufacturer of the boards supporting limit and home stop producing them and now the eight versions (fours 3-axis and four 4-axis) currently available only support a disabling limit.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile stepper motor board

Quote Originally Posted by myfordmike View Post
    Hi everyone, this is my first post.
    I bought a chinese 3 axis controller a few months ago and could not get it to work on all axis, I noticed that the large X capacitor was very loose. I contacted the supplier and they sent a new one by return. (about 10 days)
    This worked very well using a laptop power supply but used to cut out because of the load on the power supply.
    I then bought a 24V 10a power suuply from the same supplier.
    The combination was good, able to engrave wood etc.
    Suddenly there was flash and everything tripped off.The internal fuse on the power supply had disintegrated.Contacted the supplier had to send off details and photos of the fuse. Replaced in about 10 days.
    I tried out the new power supply and now the controller TB6560 does not work on the x axis! I am in contact with the supplier, watch this space.
    Myfordmike
    I bought this board from Savebase, their customer service is very good.
    They have sent me a new board before they received the faulty one!
    myfordmike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all, can somebody help me with this motors I found on e-bay, but not sure if they are good for foam cutting 4 axis CNC I am trying to build.. Thank you

3-NEW SLO-SYN Stepping Motors KML061F-106 2.7a 2.3V CNC - eBay (item 110592500816 end time Oct-29-10 07:40:40 PDT)

but not sure if they are good for foam cutting 4 axis CNC I am trying to build.. Thank you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problems with First Setup

Hello,

first problem first post:

I got the board from ebay (seller prettyworthshop)....

I connected the board to power supply with was included. The boards gets 24V - i measured that with a meter.

I connected the board to computer (LPT is set to ECP). I set all the MACH 3 parameters according to the manual (Signal in, Signal out, Motor....)

On the board itself we have 3 LEDS for which show when signal is available for axis movment. If i press cursor in MACH the middle LED (Y) glows only a bit. Above the 3 LEDS there are two LEDS and the right one is on all the time when i connect the parallel cable with the board. When is disconnect, the LED goes out.

The fan is not turning. Motor is connected but not moving...

I don´t know whats the problem. Can somebody help me ?

I hope to get this first problem soved with your help.

By the way - i built the MDF CNC Machine from buidyourcncDOTcom. I want to use tha machine for milling panels for my DIY 737-800 Homecockpit...

Cheers from Wuerzburg Germany

Andy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have one of the tb6560 4 axis boards. i bought the kit with motors and power supply. i think it has more amps than the motors call for. the fan needs some. power set at 24 v.havent had any problem with the system. well the spindle relay went out on me . think i gave 269 for the kit. doing the cheap thing, built the whole machine for around 650bucks YouTube - d9electro1.

Last edited by vdoug; 10-31-2010 at 10:19 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast