eBay TB6560 Stepper Motor Driver Boards - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: eBay TB6560 Stepper Motor Driver Boards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default details need to clarify

Quote Originally Posted by James Newton View Post
    I just have to get this off my chest about these drives from China: There is one thing the Chinese will NEVER supply and that is information, knowledge, or anything else that actually empowers you, the user, to support yourself, solve problems, and learn how to build your own drivers or repair the ones you have. They will always want you to be dependent on them for another hit of cheap, poor quality, drive electronics. Doesn't matter if it's a 6560 or a THB6128 or a THB6064AH... It's going to come with zero warranty (past the ebay return deadline) and little or no documentation on troubleshooting and repair. And here you are in the http://www.cnczone.com/forums/steppe...or_driver.html looking for ways to fix them, and instead another guy from China is trying to sell you a different board...

After guys like Mariss (from Geckodrive) or Roman (from Linistepper and SLAm) have spent years and literally thousands of hours answering questions, writing documentation, TEACHING people how it works, how to use it, and how to REPAIR it for a few dollars, watching the sales go to China is a sadness. Not so much for them, but for YOU... You, who are spending your hard earned money on a set of crap that is likely to fail, leaving you with a sense of failure, of hopelessness, of dis-empowerment. Leaving you with no option but to buy another cheap drive, or attempt surface mount repairs... or LEARN to invest at the start in a better quality drive with a real warranty, like the Gecko, or a kit that you can easily repair (because you built the kit in the first place) for $6 in power transistors, like the Linistepper or SLAm.

Just one quick example: This machine is running on 4 SLAms.

Look at the SIZE of that monster! It was refurbished by a 14 year old KID who burned though 2 cheap Chinese drivers before he got some good advice and went with drivers he can (and has) repaired himself. Take a look at the video and notice the SIZE of the thing. It's solid steel. How much faster will a small mill fly? After working through all the problems (binding, power, wiring, etc...) it's cutting surf boards now... empowerment, accomplishment, education. Not some "now on hot sales" cheap (not after you have to replace them), "winning good reputation" (hours spend wondering why they don't work), drivers from China with "the problems uaually occured during in use process,stepper motor controller toast the circuits board or burnt up,or cause the noises or can not reset ect" ... huh?

How about documentation and support in actual English? That you can actually understand? With "How it works" on top of "how to repair it" on top of "troubleshooting" ALL documented. And actual support that works with you until your machine is UP.

"friends has the interest"? Really? Really!? You know what? REAL friends don't let friends buy cheap Chinese drivers. 'cause it really isn't about the drivers as much as it is about the warranty, the support, and the knowledge to make it work.

hey,James, firstly, well...sorry to konw that you had an unpleasant exprience with the stepping motor driver ic.
    well, This Jerry,from Beijing Borenfang Trade Co.,LTD,professional supplier of the drivers. From the long-term relationship with our customers, our cooperations or our agents,untill now we have never heard the reports for the quality problems and we will further to Keep good relationship.
    for those as follow:
    1, we had never sold TB6560,and now the point we have key developed 2 models to the market, and based on our customer's need,each has its featuers,now no hot sales.
    2, our Products are produced from SANYO or TOSHIBA Semiconductor OF Japan, and are SANYO,TOSHIBA brand.
    3, our products are not cheape
    4, as we know, the drivers are semi-finished not direct use, need to test. and the users are general engineers, in the test process, any questions need to follow the engineers' or testers or designers instructions not others.
    5, we allow to sell or can keep the freindship just under the conditions that when our drivers are tested of good kinds,good performance reports from our customers.

thank you, again, for your close attention about the stepping motor drivers.Thank you!

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

James,

Thank you for your kind words regarding Geckodrive. I agree the same goes for LiniStepper.

The way I look at what you are saying is it's kind of like a ham and eggs breakfast; it's just a day's work for the hen but it's a lifetime commitment for the pig.

Imported drives are designed and manufactured as commodities. There is nothing wrong with that so long as you know a commodity drive is optimized for best profit.

We frequently purchase imported drives for evaluation so we can have a sense of what is out there in competition with our work. My impression of the examples is most have little innovation in the circuit design and most cut corners when it comes to reliability. Nearly all sport electrical specifications that are on the enthusiastic side of reliable.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have to agree with James comments below, the TB6560's are just rubbish. Not because the chips are crap, but because they are targeted for a price point, and are generally very poorly designed, and clearly not properly tested as the forums here abound in problems with them. Most commonly, apart from the complete lack of properly implimented opto-isolation for noise immunity, the cheap drivers I have seen from China all suffer the exact same design flaw, NO PROPER GROUND OR EARTHING!..The earth lug is quite commonly cut off the mains input filter, and there are so many noise issues they render the units useless. The most common being that when connected up the spindle creates so much emf the steppers move of their own accord and the entire machine is uncontrollable.

I have noted on the forums there is somewhat of a propensity for a lot of people to spend an inordinate amount of time, and effort, to achieve a sub-standard result, by using inferior and cheap products. That's entirely their right, but I believe this is false economy unless your just starting and learning the technology. I certainly don't think it's anything to crow about given the tumbling prices of building and running cnc's over the years.

You can cover a turd in icing sugar but it still aint a donut!

In my opinion, the Gecko's, and in particular the G540, are the finest drivers out there for a more than reasonable price, I really don't understand why people don't just buy them when they learn of the issues and shortcomings of the cheaper ones. The only decent cheap drivers I've ever found are the 3977 based ones for smaller motors.

For all else, Gecko's!

cheers,
    Ian

It's a state of mind!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    In my opinion, the Gecko's, and in particular the G540, are the finest drivers out there for a more than reasonable price, I really don't understand why people don't just buy them when they learn of the issues and shortcomings of the cheaper ones.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    The only decent cheap drivers I've ever found are the 3977 based ones for smaller motors.
    ahem. :cough: Linistepper :cough: and SLAm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mariss and aarggh make some great points, but I really think the key is this: There is no /education/ no /empowerment/ on TOP of no support, poor quality, bad reliability, and so on. Mariss has answered a million questions here on CNCZone and has an FAQ on steppers that is THE industry standard. Roman has also educated so many people with direct answers and his web site examples and documentation.

But that sort of education and documentation is NEVER present from these pushers. It's all spam and sales with pretty pictures and promises. And that is all it ever will be, because stupidity breeds dependence. They want to keep you dumb, keep you from learning anything, so you will keep coming back. The ONE thing they fear is anyone who actually wants to learn how to do for themselves.

Want to pick a good driver? Look for the documentation first. Look for the information on how to figure out how big a driver you actually need, how to figure out the motor wiring, how to keep from frying the driver, how to repair the driver if you do fry it, how long the warranty actually is. All the things that /empower/ you instead of just cost you less for the initial purchase.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

yes, I am a newbie here, so maybe I am just wrong to say this ?

This thread is about those that want to work with this chip "warts n all" it's not about slating it and burning it down !

We all know there are better / easier options out there, but here, on this thread, some people like to play / experiment / 'hope' even that they can be happy with their endevours

There is a lot of useful effort gone into this thread and some working designs come out of it.

If I am NOT wrong, then may I suggest we keep this on a positive note, ,and let those that want to play, keep playing ???

Just my thoughts

Rich

Downloads
    Uploads

No, you are right Rich. It's your thread, it's your life, it's your decision. Enjoy your grapes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by James Newton View Post
    Totally agree.

ahem. :cough: Linistepper :cough: and SLAm.
    Haha!

I apologise James, I have never used the Linistepper but know of their great reputation! I was basing the comments purely on the drivers I've used the most.

Cheers,
    Ian

It's a state of mind!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor View Post
    Good Day All.

eBay now have the TB6560 Stepper Motor Driver Boards, in 3,4, and 5 axis.

I have ordered my self ones of the 4 axis versions.

I see that there is a topic about the eBay TA8435H Stepper Motor Driver Boards here but I wanted to start a new topic to stop cross posting or going off topic.

I have gone for the TB6560 over the TA8435 due to the fact that the TB6560 is ment to be able to run voltages of upto 34volts.

I am going to be running Astrosyn MY103H702 stepper motors in Bipolar Parallel, 1.4amp per phase.

Reading the datasheet for the TB6560 chip I can see that the current is set by current sensing resistors.

As I have not yet got my board I can only go by looking at the pictures, and if I am right the current sence resistors are, Brown, Brown, Silver, Gold, 0.11ohm 5%, If that is right we are looking at 4.5A, but the TB6560 chip is only rated to 3.5 amps peak.

Then you have the 6 dip switches, switches 1-2 are once again for current limit, 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%.

Are we looking at a current % of 3.0amps, 3.5amps or 4.5amps?

So how do I set up the board for use with my stepper motors.

Does anyone have one of thease board, or can anyone clear a few things up for me.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.
    I would be happy to help, I am using Nema 17 motors and they are rated at 2.3A ea, I have heard that the TB6560 will handle up to 4.5A per phase but that is a little over the top in my opinion, 3A should be about the most for the IC.
    As for the board from E-Bay, I have both the Red in color and Blue in color, I highly recommend the "Red" board because of the use of the Pins and because of the safety mechanisms in place.
    Also for a power supply I recomend an ATX supply because it will shut down at the first sign of problems preventing any damage.
    If you need help setting up Mach3 let me know, I can get you an .XML configuration file. If your using EMC, I should have the configuration file for it soon.

Regards,

Rob

what is a cnc

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567