4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question - Page 2

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I thank you for taking the trouble, but for some reason I cannot access this site. I have tried different variations with no luck, any suggestions would be
    appreciated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have just logged in to the site
    Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hitmythumb View Post
    Hi,
    I thank you for taking the trouble, but for some reason I cannot access this site. I have tried different variations with no luck, any suggestions would be
    appreciated.
    hi try anonymous proxy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by london3131 View Post
    That is the exact file I translated in my previous post. The only usefull information is pin assignment.
    By the way there is some inconsistency over PS max volts in the board manual. Some places state 36V other places say 24V. I would anyway not try anything above 24V. I have seen reports of people setting the TA8435 on fire when going just above 30V. The datasheet of the TA8435H chip states 26.4V as the maximum recommended.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    just new here.

I have the same board, but if i connect it with this pin layout, only the stepper motor of the y-axis move and only into one way.
    What i have found out is, that i can move the y-axis in both directions, if i connect pulse on pin2 and direction on pin17.

Are this boards existing with different layouts?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dustpuppy View Post
    Hi,
    just new here.

I have the same board, but if i connect it with this pin layout, only the stepper motor of the y-axis move and only into one way.
    What i have found out is, that i can move the y-axis in both directions, if i connect pulse on pin2 and direction on pin17.

Are this boards existing with different layouts?
    Now this is confusing... I still have no board so I can't test this, but what I would do (as a last option) is to follow the PCB tracks and find out to which TA8435H pin the parallel port pins connects to.

I am posting the TA8435H chip datasheet attached. I definitely think this is the number one resource for using this Chinese board.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-ta8435h_chip-pdf  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TA8435h schematic

it is hard to detect connection between RS232 and TA8435 because it is a double sided PCB and lots of logic gate between but try this i believe it is similar .

how Strong the motors should be ?
    have you tryed NEMA 17,23,34 ?
    and do you think this board will do an accurate job
    and give me a feed back on the schematic attached pls.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-cnc-ta8435h-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by renatopub View Post
    Now this is confusing... I still have no board so I can't test this, but what I would do (as a last option) is to follow the PCB tracks and find out to which TA8435H pin the parallel port pins connects to.

I am posting the TA8435H chip datasheet attached. I definitely think this is the number one resource for using this Chinese board.
    TA8435h schematic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it is hard to detect connection between RS232 and TA8435 because it is a double sided PCB and lots of logic gate between but try this i believe it is similar .

and do you think this board will do an accurate job
    and give me a feed back on the schematic attached pls.

http://www.cdle.net/bbs/UploadFile/2...1161488426.jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have an other layout found.
    http://dustpuppy.250x.com/8435T4V3.pdf

What is the right one?

Is there a software existing, that can search for the pins? Something, that test all combination and u just have to look, if the steppers turn correct and note the pin the software shows. That would be a big help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the right one?

Is there a software existing, that can search for the pins? Something, that test all combination and u just have to look, if the steppers turn correct and note the pin the software shows. That would be a big help.

i think my schematic is closer because i have seen the Chines talking about NE555, and yours that not got one.
    i have seen to many cnc schematic , last one i built it involve Pic 16f84 microcontroller (i base on it)
    i think RS232 layout are different it depend on the configuration of the software , but it always pins between 2 and 9 and the relays are 10 to 14

http://www.dpie.com/pcmcia/rs232sync_pinout.gif

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have made a little software, where u can set the bits of the lpt port to low or high.
    After pressing ok it set all pins to low, wait 100ns, set the selected pins to high, wait 100ns and then start again and stop after doing this 1000 times. Can i just try this on the board, or will i damage something on the board or the steppers if i set the wrong pins?

If nothing will be damaged, it can help to find the right combination of pins, if i change some code.
    The lpt has 24 used pins that will give 16581375 combinations. A bit too much to test all by hand.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have made a little software, where u can set the bits of the lpt port to low or high.
    After pressing ok it set all pins to low, wait 100ns, set the selected pins to high, wait 100ns and then start again and stop after doing this 1000 times. Can i just try this on the board, or will i damage something on the board or the steppers if i set the wrong pins?

If nothing will be damaged, it can help to find the right combination of pins, if i change some code.
    The lpt has 24 used pins that will give 16581375 combinations. A bit too much to test all by hand.
    no don't take the risk
    i tell you a logic way to know
    after you recieve the board and try it. configure MACH3 whaen it works , put your board asine and plug 25 Leds to your the rs232 each in series with 10k resistance and the rs232 Grd
    it will illuminate as the output get high the 5V

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was looking at using a computer power supply. Has anyone tried this yet? Is it reliable.

http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-a-Com...b-Power-Supply

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhound007 View Post
    I was looking at using a computer power supply. Has anyone tried this yet? Is it reliable.
    [/url]
    The problem is that, if you want to go anywere beyond 60 RPM you will need 24V and if you plan to power 4 motors you need 10A.

These computer PS usualy have a very low current rating at the -12V port...

But if you manage to find a PS that provides 24V with 10A it is should work.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i think RS232 layout are different it depend on the configuration of the software , but it always pins between 2 and 9 and the relays are 10 to 14
    RS232 ??? You mean your board uses the serial port instead of parallel?

Are we talking about a different board type or you meant LPT and wrote RS232?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think the NEMA number only tells you about external dimentions, not related to power.

These boards can provide 24V / 1.5A so, to get the most out of your motor/board combination you should choose a motor that runs at 1.5A.
    The first thing though would be to find how much torque and how much speed you need.
    The theoritical maximum power the board can deliver per motor is 24 * 1.5 *1.4142 (if you can have 1.5A / phase and two phases on at the same time), that is about 50W. But as these motors tend to be very unefficient, the best way to know the performance is to look at the specifications.

You can play around with your avaliable power in three ways:
    1- Choosing the best motor torque/Amp relation
    2- Wiring the motor series or parallel
    3- Using a pulley to get either more torque or more speed.

The motors I chose is NEMA 23 and give 0.8 N.m when running at 24V / 1.5A / 60 RPM and 0.4 N.m at 24V / 1.5A / 120 RPM.

These motors would be able to go to double that speed at 48V, but unfortunately a driver board capable of driving with 48V would be much more expensive.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the right one?
    How did you find this??? This is great!!! Finaly it is possible to know the time constant for the monostable 555 and understand the distribution of the several power/ GND lines. Besides it shows the resistor values (0.5OHM), that there is one 555 for each channel and that there is a galvanic isolation between LPT lines and the motors. Looks like a very good design!

I just hope the 5 channel board has a similar layout, but anyway...

Thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have my board running with following pin setup:

pin2 - Y-Step
    pin3 - Z-Step
    pin5 - A-Step
    pin6 - Enable
    pin8 - Z-Dir
    pin9 - A-Dir
    pin16 - Relay
    pin17 - Y-Dir

Can't get the x Axix running. Don't know why.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

i want order one of the board in ebay.

Is an english manual available ?

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 19roomer68 View Post
    Hi,

i want order one of the board in ebay.

Is an english manual available ?

Thanks
    no it does not exist but my one is working and i will tell you how .

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast