4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question - Page 5

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Manual provided by Miniracer31.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-1-pdf   4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-2-pdf  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    Let me rephrase

The attached pic is your board which is similar to mine. The two terminals indicated in the picture, one 12VDC and the other 5VDC what they are for?

I just try to understand the board

ok, I finally got it; these two terminals are not terminals but rather the screws which support the heat sinks to the voltage regulators.

Someone should have pointed out to me; we are here to help each other, not?

Downloads
    Uploads

On the attached picture, where the arrow points there are 12 tiny holes on the board with 1 marked on one end and 12 marked on the other end.

Anyone knows what they are for? Just soldering joints?

Does anyone have the wiring or block diagram of this board?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-driver-board1-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let me rephrase

The attached pic is your board which is similar to mine. The two terminals indicated in the picture, one 12VDC and the other 5VDC what they are for?

I just try to understand the board
    Kolias. Those are not terminals. Those screws are holding the power regulator chips to their heatsinks. Generaly the heatsink connection of those chips are connected to ground so, whatever power supply you try to connect there will get short circuited.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you renatopub, look at post #82

Much appreciate your help

BTW, were you able to find a block diagram of your board?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 5 axis controller similar to yours:
    My pin setup DB25:
    1 YA - Pulse
    2 XA - Pulse
    3 ZA - Pulse
    4 YA - Dir
    5 CA - Pulse
    6 DA - Pulse
    7 ZA - Dir
    8 CA-Dir
    9 DA-Dir
    14 XA-Dir
    16 Freigabe für die Achsen? (Allow)
    17 Relais Kontrolle
    10 Limit1
    11 Limit2
    12 Limit3
    13 Limit4

I have to set "active low" pin 16 in mach3 to run it. Without active low, sometimes it runs, sometimes not.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you renatopub, look at post #82

Much appreciate your help

BTW, were you able to find a block diagram of your board?
    My board does not mach exactly any of the diagrams posted here. But I don't care a lot about it. The Chinese manual tells what the pins are (I have posted it before in this forum).
    What do you want to find in the diagram?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks moog for the pin layout

Regarding the block diagram, I like to study them, it tells you how things are working.

I made the attached for mine, still working to improve it

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-board-block-diagram-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks moog for the pin layout

Regarding the block diagram, I like to study them, it tells you how things are working.

I made the attached for mine, still working to improve it
    Looks good Kolias.

The power resistors values are in fact 0.5 ohm (mF are for capacitors). This information about the 0.5 ohm resistors is important, as it tells that the chips output is set to 1.6Amps. A vital information for people choosing a motor to work with this board.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by renatopub View Post
    Looks good Kolias.

The power resistors values are in fact 0.5 ohm (mF are for capacitors). This information about the 0.5 ohm resistors is important, as it tells that the chips output is set to 1.6Amps. A vital information for people choosing a motor to work with this board.

When you get some time, please point in my diagram any other mistakes / additions you may find. Electronics is not my strong field. I will revise it and post it again.Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by moog View Post
    I have a 5 axis controller similar to yours:
    My pin setup DB25:
    1 YA - Pulse
    2 XA - Pulse
    3 ZA - Pulse
    4 YA - Dir
    5 CA - Pulse
    6 DA - Pulse
    7 ZA - Dir
    8 CA-Dir
    9 DA-Dir
    14 XA-Dir
    16 Freigabe für die Achsen? (Allow)
    17 Relais Kontrolle
    10 Limit1
    11 Limit2
    12 Limit3
    13 Limit4

I have to set "active low" pin 16 in mach3 to run it. Without active low, sometimes it runs, sometimes not.

Where did you get this pin layout? If your board is similar to mine, my one page pins layout is not the same.

Can you post a picture of your board?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is my board.

I have a english and a chinese manual, but both have false pin layout, so i test it myself .

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-b_pc_driver_board_5_axis_01-jpg  
    Last edited by moog; 06-24-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is my board.

I have a english and a chinese manual, but both have false pin layout, so i test it myself .

Hey moog, you are right, our boards look the same but yours is 5 axis. Thanks for taken the time.

You must be pretty good to test the pins yourself. I have no idea how to do that. If it's easy and you can spare the time, please let me know a bit how you go about it. I don't trust the manual I have either

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have had luck, mach3 was running with this board after i follow the manual.

Some axis doesn't work.
    I test it with mach3, one bit pulse, one direction and write it down. Not a great thing, but perhabs helpfull.

Greater problem was the thing with active low, because all was working but suddently nothing was working.

Last edited by moog; 06-24-2009 at 10:15 PM. Reason: advantage

Downloads
    Uploads

I have had luck, mach3 was running with this board after i follow the manual.

Some axis doesn't work.
    I test it with mach3, one bit pulse, one direction and write it down. Not a great thing, but perhabs helpfull.

Greater problem was the thing with active low, because all was working but suddently nothing was working.

ok, I will keep an eye on the active low. Thanks for the tip

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks good Kolias.

Hey renatopub, you bring a very good point here. I thought the Toshiba chip had a current output of 1.5A average / 2.5A peak. How come now the limit is 1.6A ?

I bought my motors and they are 2.1A with Bipolar series wiring. Has anyone used motors with this board at 2.1A ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey renatopub, you bring a very good point here. I thought the Toshiba chip had a current output of 1.5A average / 2.5A peak. How come now the limit is 1.6A ?
    I bought my motors and they are 2.1A with Bipolar series wiring. Has anyone used motors with this board at 2.1A ?
    This "1.5A average / 2.5A peak" statement in the datasheet of the board is most misleading.
    These figures are absolute maximum of the chip and say nothing about the actual current for the particular setup of our boards.
    These chips have a current control capability that uses the voltage drop in the resistors to control the current.
    When one uses these chips to build a board, the choice of resistors will give the phase current by the following formula:
    I = 0.8 / R (when pulses are present)
    I = 0.5 / R (when board is iddle)
    For our board R=0.5 so I= 1.6 Amp when stepper is running and I= 1.0 Amp in idle.
    This is a very important fact for these boards that everyone seems to ignore. These values are FIXED for as long as those resistors are in the board.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I asked my seller (iwannebuy) how to use the manual port, but get only the english manual.

Can you ask your seller how to use it?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-cncboard-jpg   4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-driver_board_5_axis-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

This "1.5A average / 2.5A peak" statement in the datasheet of the board is most misleading.
    These figures are absolute maximum of the chip and say nothing about the actual current for the particular setup of our boards.
    These chips have a current control capability that uses the voltage drop in the resistors to control the current.
    When one uses these chips to build a board, the choice of resistors will give the phase current by the following formula:
    I = 0.8 / R (when pulses are present)
    I = 0.5 / R (when board is iddle)
    For our board R=0.5 so I= 1.6 Amp when stepper is running and I= 1.0 Amp in idle.
    This is a very important fact for these boards that everyone seems to ignore. These values are FIXED for as long as those resistors are in the board.

You seems to know a lot my friend and is much appreciated. Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

I asked my seller (iwannebuy) how to use the manual port, but get only the english manual.

Can you ask your seller how to use it?

Mr. iwannebuy is useless to ask any questions. Either does not speak English or he knows nothing about the boards. I got mine from him too.

The manual port is the DB-15 outlet on the board and what he sent you indicates the pin arrangement. Now how good this arrangement is it's anybodys guess.

In other words, we are on our own. Dont spend your time asking the Chinese questions. Here you will find much better help

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-db-15-pins-jpg  

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast