4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question - Page 4

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    To avoid confusion, I will make a suggestion to all forum members who have purchased a driver board from China / Hong Kong; since there is no name or model number on these boards, why we don’t post a picture of the board and give it a name? Then when we exchange info, we know what we are talking.I have posted the picture of my board and I will call it HK1
    Good idea. Here it goes. And you may call it RP1 if you want

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-stepper_board-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

That’s a nice looking board you got renatopub. It looks that you also have at the back the same ports as I do but in different order; a DB-15 starting at the left, then the DB-25 and then the DB-9.

As hellhound mentioned earlier, we know now that the DB-15 is for manual control with a joy stick and I don’t think that too many of us will bother with that. But regarding the DB-9 have you thought how you will connect your limits and E-stop? Are you going to get a male DB-9 and splice each connection?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

(...)As hellhound mentioned earlier, we know now that the DB-15 is for manual control with a joy stick and I don’t think that too many of us will bother with that. But regarding the DB-9 have you thought how you will connect your limits and E-stop? Are you going to get a male DB-9 and splice each connection?
    I think that connecting a joystick is not that simple, once direction and step signals still have to be provided you will need at least a microcontroller connected to the joystick to make it work. As you sayed, a joystic is anyway not usefull for most people.
    As for end switches. I still did not think of it. My priority for the next couple of weeks is to set up my Z axis, then I will get to the switches.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

in the german Forum they discuss the very hot 7812.
    When you use 24 V it will be very hot.

Can anyone agree ?

The capacitor is designed für 25 V but you can use the board with
    max. 36 V.

I think this can be a problem later.

Bye

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 19roomer68 View Post
    Hi,
    in the german Forum they discuss the very hot 7812.
    When you use 24 V it will be very hot.
    Can anyone agree ?
    The capacitor is designed für 25 V but you can use the board with
    max. 36 V.
    I think this can be a problem later.
    I did not notice any problems with the 7812 (I always run at 24V).
    I would certainly not try 36V with this board. 36V is an absolute maximum, run at that voltage and the back EMF from the stepper is very likely to smoke the 8435 chip.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I think now I need some help to wire up this board. There are no manuals / schematics with it and the site marked at the back www.hyjsn.cn turned out nothing.

My questions:

Any ideas where to connect the USB cable?
    On the attached picture …..Board2.jpg, any ideas what is connected on these two terminals?
    On the attached picture …..Board3.jpg, any ideas what is connected on terminals M+, GND, M- ?

Does anyone have a similar board?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-4-axis-driver-board1-jpg   4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-4-axis-driver-board2-jpg   4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-4-axis-driver-board3-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I think now I need some help to wire up this board. There are no manuals / schematics with it and the site marked at the back www.hyjsn.cn turned out nothing.

My questions:

Any ideas where to connect the USB cable?
    On the attached picture …..Board2.jpg, any ideas what is connected on these two terminals?
    On the attached picture …..Board3.jpg, any ideas what is connected on terminals M+, GND, M- ?

Does anyone have a similar board?
    To power up the board I used only one power supply (12v , 2A,) you may need more
    Plug it in the first two pins ( + then GND )

don't worry about the usb , according to the picture it is not a data USB , it is only a 5V PS
    the RS232 should supply you with that.

http://www.yingzhongmaoyi.cn/TA8435.rar

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

GND and M+/M- are for the relay.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you guys, now I'm getting somewhere

What is the RS232?

The download it's a good one but I wish it was in English

On the attached pic. top left, what is the 12V and 5V interface? where do I get the 5V?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-3-axis-board-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by london3131 View Post
    don't worry about the usb , according to the picture it is not a data USB , it is only a 5V PS
    the RS232 should supply you with that.
    That is confusing now. My board has no RS232 connection (serial port), only a parallel port. Why would it need a serial port anyway?

kolias, I find one thing curious in your picture. It looks like your board has two voltage regulators in it (e.g. 7805). This is an indication that you don't need the usb for power. Can you take a look at these 3 terminal components (the ones with black heatsink) and tell me what is written there? I can tell you if that is a 5 volt regulator or not.

Or you can just power the board with 12v and see if the power LEDs come up. Maybe this usb cable was just a mistake from the seller.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you guys, now I'm getting somewhere

What is the RS232?

The download it's a good one but I wish it was in English

On the attached pic. top left, what is the 12V and 5V interface? where do I get the 5V?
    The white cable on your picture
    https://www.americanconsumercables.c...port/02653.jpg
    what software are you using to create G code beside MACH3 ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i think i used the wrong name it is DB25 not RS232 (at the Uni we used the last one )
    my board got three connections
    DA 15
    DB 25
    DE 9

my next steps are
    build the router include the axes
    find the right software to create a cad work .example (ARTCAM, COPPERCAM,TYPE3 ,UCANCAM,EDGECAM , LAZYCAM, EMC2)
    ---any ideas?-----

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you all for the answers.

You mean the heat sinks next to the DB15 as per the attached pic?

Ok, these are two independent heat sinks with one terminal on each (I don’t know what to connect there yet). Each is attached to the board with 3 pins underneath of it.

In front of the 2 heat sinks they are these three little cylinders (sorry don’t know what they are) I will assume they are the voltage regulators. In front of each cylinder and right on the board it’s marked 470U.

The plug for the fan is connected between the heat sinks and these 3 cylinders.

Each cylinder is black in colour and has one grey vertical stripe on each side (2 stripes per cylinder. The following are written on each of the 3 cylinders:

05C 105C
    H0912 H0912
    470mF 25V (the m is from the Greek alphabet)

I removed the fan from the heat sink (over the Toshiba chips) and have the following info:

DC Brushless Fan, DESHUO,
    Model D5010MS
    DC 12V – 0.12A
    +RED -BLACK
    Made in China

I can’t power the board yet because my power supply unit has not arrived yet, also from China. It should be here early next week, I hope.

I have not decided what I will use for the g-code. I understand that MACH3 has basic g-code capabilities and that is enough for me at the beginning. Later I will search to buy dedicated g-code software.

As for CAD software I already have ACAD V14 (from work) and know how to use it. If I was on the market for one I will be very careful which one to buy. They all have a steep learning curve and if you purchase one and don’t like it, you wasted your time / $$$. Try to buy one with a free trial and not too expensive. The most expensive ones have a very good 3D modeling engine, like ACAD. So if you are planning to do a lot of 3D modeling be prepared to spend $$$.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-4-axis-driver-board2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you all for the answers.

You mean the heat sinks next to the DB15 as per the attached pic?

Ok, these are two independent heat sinks with one terminal on each (I don’t know what to connect there yet). Each is attached to the board with 3 pins underneath of it.

In front of the 2 heat sinks they are these three little cylinders (sorry don’t know what they are) I will assume they are the voltage regulators. In front of each cylinder and right on the board it’s marked 470U.

The plug for the fan is connected between the heat sinks and these 3 cylinders.

Each cylinder is black in colour and has one grey vertical stripe on each side (2 stripes per cylinder. The following are written on each of the 3 cylinders:

05C 105C
    H0912 H0912
    470mF 25V (the m is from the Greek alphabet)
    The cilinders are capacitors, 470mF means 470 micro Farads, not voltage regulators... the regulators are the black square things with 3 legs bolted to the heatsink. Anyway, I am almost sure by your description and the pictures that you do have onboard 5V regulator (probably a LM7805 chip) and you will probably not need the USB power supply thing (probably meant to some other board type).

Downloads
    Uploads

You are right again renatopub.

Looking with a magnifying glass there are 2 chips on the heat sinks.

The one at the left is: The one at the right is:
    L7812CV L7805 CV
    CCOKJ V6 CCOKJ V6
    MAR 726 MAR 829

Also comparing your board with mine, they are almost identical. You have a 5 axis one where mine is 4 axis plus between the power LED's and the capacitors you have an extra rectangular chip with 7 pins on each side which i don't have.

Since you have these 2 heat sinks with the voltage regulators, do you know what we connect on these terminals?

Obviously one is for 12VDC and the other is for 5VDC but why only one terminal for each?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You are right again renatopub.

Looking with a magnifying glass there are 2 chips on the heat sinks.

The one at the left is: The one at the right is:
    L7812CV L7805 CV
    CCOKJ V6 CCOKJ V6
    MAR 726 MAR 829

Also comparing your board with mine, they are almost identical. You have a 5 axis one where mine is 4 axis plus between the power LED's and the capacitors you have an extra rectangular chip with 7 pins on each side which i don't have.

Since you have these 2 heat sinks with the voltage regulators, do you know what we connect on these terminals?

Obviously one is for 12VDC and the other is for 5VDC but why only one terminal for each?
    You do have 5v generated on board, so what is this about terminals? You just have to power the board with 12v-24v and the regulators will do the rest. What do you mean by "only one terminal for each"?

Downloads
    Uploads

Let me rephrase

The attached pic is your board which is similar to mine. The two terminals indicated in the picture, one 12VDC and the other 5VDC what they are for?

I just try to understand the board

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question-driver-board-holland-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone.
    I have done a lot of research in these forums but have only just joined so this is my first post.
    I have a very similar 4 channel board bought from ebay that uses these drivers.
    I can confirm that the board should not be operated at more than 24 volts.
    I ran mine at 30volts - the most my power supply could output - and have blown one driver and the four output diodes for that channel.
    It is hard to determine from the manual and the board what the max voltage is but the TA8435H datasheet indicates max 26.4 or 40 volts.
    I can supply an English manual & photos of my board if anyone would like. Only 2 pages of the manual are about the board, the rest is Mach3 info. The full manual is 1.85Mb so I'll try to get those pages separated.
    My mill is a home-built MDF gantry - almost A3 size & about 100mm Z travel.
    My aim is plastic/light alloy machining, pcb engraving & vinyl cutting down the track.

....John

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

John,

Please email me the manual.

I will convert the pages to PDF and post them here.

jalessi@aol.com

Thank You

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

John can you also post a picture how you have wired the board?

As you can see from my previous post there are a couple of connections which I'm not sure how to use them

I hope the 2 page manual you have it's a good one

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast