4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question - Page 13

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by v0ynich View Post
    Yes. I've done that some years ago. As I can remember, it has 4 limit pins. You just have to use a 4 switches to supply each pin with 5 volt (I think) int other words whenever the machine reaches one of the limits, the switch closes and the respective limit pin should be supplied with 5 volt. For the spindle you just have one pin that activates the relay on board. My relay (or the relay driver) does not work very well.
    As v0ynich says, you need to determine which pins of the DB9 correspond with which pins on the parallel port. This should be in the chinglish manual that came with the board (boards can be quite different in how the DB9 is configured so it is best to consult your manual). I hook it up and use the Mach3 diagnostics screen to work out what parallel port pin each limit is on by opening/closing switches and seeing what pin goes red on the diagnostics page... (well I did 18 months ago which was the last time I played with my setup)

It does not really matter which limit you allocate to each, since you setup Mach3 (or whatever) to match how you have wired it.

I use a single pin with all limits (normally-closed microswitches) wired in series. This is the best configuration as if anything goes wrong with the wiring or the switches the machine will let you know before things get dangerous...

Good luck!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ahahahah

chinglish is definitely the best word to describe that crappy manuals

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you to both

I bought this Chinese board in 2009 and never used it because the 2 page "manual" was useless. Now I'm building my 3rd CNC and thought to try it again with the info from this thread.

It is unlikely that I will use it because of the low voltage / amps but right now I don't know

Nicolas

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213