Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor TA8435H Driver Board Mach 2 3 question

Recently came across ebay offer for motor driver for CNC machine

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-Axis-CNC-Ste...C294%3A50#info

Do enyone have expirience with this board, can anyone evaluate this board as start for hobby CNC mashine biulding

Thanks

s_sus

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by s_sus; 04-30-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just ordered a 5 axis one from the same manufacturer. The thing is that it comes only with chinese manual, but it looks simple enought that I can figure it out. By the price they charge, it worth trying. No way I would find another 5 axis stepper controler for this price.

I could also not find any info in the net about this boards, I don't realy understand why people are not commenting on those.

As soon as it arrives and I try it out I will give some feedback.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi
    have you try 5axis cnc board ?
    i couden t do mine.
    i am cofuse with the power supply

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't receive the board yet, should arrive this week...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also ordered one of the 5 axis models, and received it yesterday. The board is very well made except that there are no mounting holes for standoffs. I plan to just epoxy some plastic standoffs to it. The board is roughly 6" x 6" X 3". The instructions are in english/chinese. Verbage is in Chinese, however there are picks, in english, of the Mach 3 that show the Frequency and port pin settings. I studied the power supply circuit, and found that the left most pin when looking at the connector is the pos and the next 2 pins are the neg. They are linked just after the header on the board, so neg should be able to go in either one. I power my board up with a 12V 300ma power supply I had laying around, and was able to get the power LEDs to light. I am currently building a PS and expect to be able to test some motor control next week. The axis headers are easy to figure out and labeled well. There is a spindle control relay, and again, this is poorly labeled. I have found nothing yet that identifys the pins for the joystick port or the limit switch port. Using freetranslation.com, I was able to decifer some of the manual, but it is still very hard to understand due to the poor translation. I have considered getting someone to professionally translate the manual to help the community. I think these are some nice boards, just poor documentation. Oh, and don't even bother with the .set file that comes on the disk, it is a poor mach 3 layout file, and it is also in chinese. Maybe between all of us we can get this baby figured out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like a good idea to share information on this board Hellhound. I ordered mine on e-bay from "Savebase". This is been 12 days but no board yet... hope it arrives early next week.
    Using google translation I got the pinouts of the 3 sub-D connectors. I don't think it is a point to try harder to translate the manual because there is realy not much more in there.
    For me, the most important peaces of information missing information are:
    1- The TA8435H has two possible current outputs, (100% and 62%) but the actual current depends on the sense resistor. The value of this resistor is never told. How can anyone even plug a motor without this info?
    2- They say it has "automatic semi-current". I guess what they mean is that after a while with no pulses from the parallel port, the current drops from 100% to 62%, but how exactely does that work?

The translated tables are:
    (This is a result of web translation, I did not test it yet so use with care)

Parralel Port:
    PIN16 Spindle
    PIN17 Enable
    PIN14 A-Direction
    PIN2 A-pulse
    PIN4 B-Direction
    PIN1 B-pulse
    PIN7 C-Direction
    PIN3 C-pulse
    PIN8 D-Direction
    PIN5 D-pulse

Manual port:
    p1 E- pulse
    p2 A- pulse
    p5 C- pulse
    p4 A- pulse
    p5 B- pulse
    p6 B- direction
    p7 C- direction
    p8 D- direction
    p9 5V
    p10 GND
    p11 GND
    p12 A- direction
    p13 Spindle
    p14 Limit
    p15 E- direction

Sensor port:
    p1 Power
    p2 GND
    p5 GND
    p4 ?
    p5 ZA+
    p6 ZA-
    p7 ZB+
    p8 ZB-
    p9 YA+
    p10 YA-
    p11 YB+
    p12 YB-
    p13 XA+
    p14 XA-
    p15 XB+
    p16 XB-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the pin info. I bought mine from Hot_mart2008. It took around 10 days to arrive. I am not sure if it was on my auction or another, but the board has a max of 2.5A per axis. I am going to be using 2.7A motors so this should not be an issue. Not sure on the semi-current. I will look at the baord and see if I can tell what resistor they are using.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes that is an issue. What they post as the "board" capabilities are in fact a copy-paste from the TA8435H datasheet. The datasheet states that the chip has a maximum of 2.5A peak and 1.5 RMS. But those figures are absolute max. of the chip, not at all related to the real amps of the board.
    A sense resistor must be wired to the sense port of the chip because the chip uses that as a reference to keep coil current in range by "chopping" it. For instance, in the example of the TA8435H datasheet the resistor is 0.8OHM and that means the 100% gives 1.0A, the 62% gives 0.62A.
    By looking at various pictures of the board I saw in the net, by the color code looks like a 0.5OHM, and that would mean (hopefully) 1.5A at 100% and 1.0A at 62%. You can find this out just by looking at the 10 big resistors in your board.
    It is not big deal, just that you will get about half the rated torque form your mottor. Maybe you can go around that by wiring it in series, that way you reduce the required current by half but reduce your maximum RPM by half too.
    Anyway, I advice you to read the TA8435H datasheet and check your resistors before going ahead.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up All about TA8435H Driver Board

Good news
    The TA8435H Driver Board is working
    To power up the board I used only one power supply 12v , 2A
    Plug in the first two pins + then GND
    It good board , but it need strong stepper motor, and it is a myth to say mach3 does not work with a laptop, it does indeed , I bought the board from China and it takes 1 week to arrive to London
    And this is the best information I did found so far

http://www.yingzhongmaoyi.cn/TA8435.rar

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umSUvW4gE0Y"]YouTube - CNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello to you all,
    I use this chip with "kwackers" (forum name) division controller with a rotary table,
    it runs very well at +25volt from a switch mode psu the stepper is a 6.3v 1.5a. i have a +5v chip on board.
    Michael, an eccentric Englishman in the city of Nanning China.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by london3131 View Post
    Good news
    To power up the board I used only one power supply 12v , 2A
    Are you going to get a 24V PS later or do you intend to work always with 12V? With the motors I have (1.7A, 11mH, 1.06N.m) I would not be able to turn faster than 60 RPM on 12V. With 24V I should get 0.4N.m at 120RPM for rapid move.
    My goal with this board is to CNC my X2 mini-mill. I have the X,Y already fit with a couple of (cheap) ball screws I got from China and ready to go. Just the damn board is missing…
    Most people on this forum have the opinion that such a board is a bad choice for powering a X2 mill. They are right that the board (besides being from an unknown brand) is barely in the limits for that job. But it only means that the design has to be well thought through as there is not much margin available for mistakes. I am using a 2:1 belt to double the torque (but half the speed), that means I can get about 1.5N.m at low speeds and 0.4N.m at 5mm/sec. Not a dream of a rapid, but should do the job. Well, maybe I will get bad resonances and a smoking board but I don’t care. I just want the chance to prove that doing a CNC by the cheap Chinese way is potentially risky but nevertheless possible.
    What you guys intend to do with your boards?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question

Hey london3131, could you do me a favor? Can you look at the color code of the 10 big resistors in your board and tell me what it is?
    I will probably receive my board early next week, but I am curious to know what current it is preset to deliver

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello to you all,
    I also have the ta8435h, but I cannot figure out how to connect the power supply to the board, the connector has 4 pins, but I only have two wires from the supply, could someone tell me?.. where they go

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by renatopub View Post
    Hey london3131, could you do me a favor? Can you look at the color code of the 10 big resistors in your board and tell me what it is?
    I will probably receive my board early next week, but I am curious to know what current it is preset to deliver
    the big 10 resistance of the TA8435 cnc board are are
    green , black, silver , gold = 0,5 ohm
    could you send me the current calculations pls .

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

12 v , 2 a
    just two wires 1st plus, second ground

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by renatopub View Post
    Are you going to get a 24V PS later or do you intend to work always with 12V? With the motors I have (1.7A, 11mH, 1.06N.m) I would not be able to turn faster than 60 RPM on 12V. With 24V I should get 0.4N.m at 120RPM for rapid move.
    My goal with this board is to CNC my X2 mini-mill. I have the X,Y already fit with a couple of (cheap) ball screws I got from China and ready to go. Just the damn board is missing…
    Most people on this forum have the opinion that such a board is a bad choice for powering a X2 mill. They are right that the board (besides being from an unknown brand) is barely in the limits for that job. But it only means that the design has to be well thought through as there is not much margin available for mistakes. I am using a 2:1 belt to double the torque (but half the speed), that means I can get about 1.5N.m at low speeds and 0.4N.m at 5mm/sec. Not a dream of a rapid, but should do the job. Well, maybe I will get bad resonances and a smoking board but I don’t care. I just want the chance to prove that doing a CNC by the cheap Chinese way is potentially risky but nevertheless possible.
    What you guys intend to do with your boards?
    accualy i havent reach that point yet , i am building the table right now , the board can support 12 to 36 v . i used an other 10V 1,2A and it works as well . i need to find out the right PS for may S motors to get a beter respond

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by london3131 View Post
    the big 10 resistance of the TA8435 cnc board are are
    green , black, silver , gold = 0,5 ohm
    could you send me the current calculations pls .
    Thanks a lot for the info!

The TA8435H chip uses the voltage drop in those resistors to feed a comparator that chops the current. The comparator has a multiplexer that switches between 0.8V and 0.5V. I beleave that the 0.8V is used when pulses are present in the parallel port, and 0.5V in idle (how long it takes to switch to idle is still a mistery, they just say it uses a 555 chip, as monostable I would gess, but time constant is not at all documented).
    That means that, using 0.5 ohm resistors you will have:

- 1.6 Amp when moving
    - 1.0 Amp when idle.

The 1.6 Amp looks a bit of a stress as the chip is rated 1.5 Amp RMS max. But using 1/2 step or less, each phase should get in average less than 1.5 Amp. So I would avoid full-step mode with that board.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    can anyone help, I have the ta8435h board connected to three stepper motors fl57sth76-2808b 8wire, controlled by mach 3. when connected all the led's remain lit, the motors will not turn by hand, but nor will they move from the keyboard. the power supply comes from a 19v/ 4.74a supply. there were no instructions on how to configure the ports and pins in mach3, can anyone help or suggest a site were I could find this infomation.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hitmythumb View Post
    Hi,
    can anyone help, I have the ta8435h board connected to three stepper motors fl57sth76-2808b 8wire, controlled by mach 3. when connected all the led's remain lit, the motors will not turn by hand, but nor will they move from the keyboard. the power supply comes from a 19v/ 4.74a supply. there were no instructions on how to configure the ports and pins in mach3, can anyone help or suggest a site were I could find this infomation.

try this
    http://www.4shared.com/file/10735437...3/TA8435H.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hitmythumb View Post
    Hello to you all,
    I also have the ta8435h, but I cannot figure out how to connect the power supply to the board, the connector has 4 pins, but I only have two wires from the supply, could someone tell me?.. where they go
    try thiss

http://www.4shared.com/file/10735437...3/TA8435H.html

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast