Probotix - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Probotix

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Dunn View Post
    Woody, do you find any trouble with your gantry sagging forward when you add a trim router instead of a Dremel? My gantry is really easy to move - just placing your hand on it makes it move visibly - so I've avoided heavier cutting machines until now.

Interested in your experience.
    Ron, No, I havent noticed any sagging with the trim routers on the gantry. Before I added the new Bosch Colt, I went through the whole machine and retightened all the nuts and bolts, just to put my mind at ease. I did have a couple of times when the set screws on the steeper motor shafts had come loose, and the machine quit moving, so after longs hours of cutting I check more frequently. Is a habit Im doing now. 3 hours and more of machining a lithopane, has alot of steps , so I take more care , it is a machine, and things do happen. As we all should know, Perpetual movement is physically impossible, LOL.

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

v90 too is my first cnc..
    got my kit a couple weeks ago and parts were missing.. (tech support said they've checked everything before shipping, so likely the customs didn't place them back in the box)
    finally got the missing parts box today, except only received half of what i need (2 x rail end bushings and 2 x base frame rail ends, i actually need 4 of each.)
    i guess i just have to disassemble everything again and wait another week for the missing parts. this is very frustrating!

please Probotix, in the future, do include a "parts list" with your shipment so the customers can ensure everything is there before assembly.
    as well, include a print version of the assembly instruction would be very helpful.

more details when i can finally assemble the thing..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12