step motor for travel

Thread: step motor for travel

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default step motor for travel

I need to use a step motor for repetitive travels, the distance will be the same, (feeding), and other for a similar movement but it can change depending on the job. The question is: Do I need to use a software like Mach, or only have to imput the operation in a chip or card, any ideas?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If all you need is to move from A – B at a set feed speed you could do that with Turbocnc (free software) from http://www.dakeng.com/turbo.html and you will only need a low specification (cheap) PC to run the software.

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, can I make that movement, like 15 times per min? with that software?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can also do this without a PC.
    You could make it your self with a pic or something like that or buy an IMS Mdrive and program it to index from an input.
    If you want to change the length of the index you would just re program it, or assign different lengths to different inputs.
    Having a pc to control one axis for a simple mopve like an index seems a bit of an overkil.

Motion Control Products Ltd
    www.motioncontrolproducts.co.uk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for answers, I have already the motors and drivers, 325 oz from keling,like the idea of pic driving , anyone sell that stuff? The machine we want to automatize is a Screen table, the motors are for up and down table and to move the rubber stick(dont know english name)with the ink from side to side.(this one has variable travel depending of the length of the job..