Newbie I'm having trouble selecting right electronic (economical 4x8 plasma)

Thread: I'm having trouble selecting right electronic (economical 4x8 plasma)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I'm having trouble selecting right electronic (economical 4x8 plasma)

Hi everyone, I'm new here.
    Assistance from you would be welcome because for the moment I have spent several hours researching the right components, but I'm afraid I'm wrong. I am located in Canada and I am looking for the best deal for quality electronics.
    Being at my first experience in CNC, I want to build a plasma table 4 'x 8' + rotary head for SQ tube (I thought to use sheetcam's rotary plugin) (torch will be handheld model first without THC). I will use 1 motor per axis as the gantry will be lightweight, it should not be a problem.
    Let's talk about electronics now:

1-I thought to use a cheap parallel port BOB with relay for torch and plenty of inputs for endstop. (what should I look for specifications). I have no idea how the relay interacts with plasma (Do I have to hack some electronics?)

2-I thought I would use 4 motors # 23 (1 per axis) 300-400oz-in / 8 wires for bipolar parallel use (will 4 wires works too or they are for serie use(how to recognize thoses that can be wired bi-parallel)? Ebay does not list a lot of info about their motors ). My ignorance stops me thinking that it will be powered with 36V for no reason other than the operating temperature. I would use an "inductance" of 1.5mh-2mh (maxxx)

3-Drivers: I would like to use independent drivers for security reasons. I would like to use something other than TB6600 since the comments are not reassuring. Wantai, Keling seem to be in my price range + -30 $ per drives. I would look for 40V capable and the most economical of the two.

I found this kit interesting but by reading the datasheet, the motors are 6.6mh with a PWRSupply of 36v. That's a wrong combination kit.

https://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/products-page/cnc-3_axis_4_axis_kits/4-axis-nema23-cnc-kit-36v9-7a425oz-inkl4030/

4-what type of cable is necessary to join the motors to the drivers as well as the BOB -> drivers?

5-If I want to use mach 4 in the future with cable usb (if it's right) what should I change on my setup?

6-I would like to buy from China because I have the impression that the customs and the exchange rate will be less painful! I will probably look on ebay.

My goal is to test the machine (small sized prototype first) with the smallest possible investment but with the least headache.

Please let me know what do you think about thoses points.

Thanks a lot
    Sim